NY-assault weapon registry response?

Vt.birdhunter

Sent mine in on the 15th, haven't heard back from the state police yet.
Anyone received a reply other than registration acknowledgement?

Vt.birdhunter

Cricket....cricket...

Ran into a buddy at the range, he registered several months ago. Received a mailed reply in about 2 weeks.

hfl73

Maybe the NYS police are overwhelmed by the thousands and thousands of registrations that they are receiving and they haven't been able to process your paper work (sarcasm here). More likely they are confused as to how they should follow-up. The laws and procedures included in the Safe Act have everyone scratching their heads as to what is allowed and what is not. The State Police are no different than the rest of us when it comes to sorting this mess out.

Nick S.

They got their funding.

The one thing in our favor about registering for each ammo purchase was the lack of funding to set it up. Now they have it with the new budget for 2014. It was "Hidden" & so R. law makers voted for it with out knowing. I guess they sign off on things with out even reading it.

2ndsojourn

Where are they getting the funding? Raising taxes again? Maxing out another credit card from the Bank of China? Then raising taxes to pay for that?

The devil's in the details again. These knee-jerk reactions that do nothing to solve a problem are just plain stupefying. But then they'll convince the sheeple it's all in the name of safety.

Vt.birdhunter

Contacted the state police at the number listed on the registration page of their website.
Was told they were sending out letters based on the order in which they received registration info.
I was told as of today they were sending out letters for registrations filed in early to mid April.

rwilson452

NY ammo regestration

The FFL I deal with here in PA is owned by the same people that own a store in Rochester, NY. the word is when the law goes into effect they will stop selling ammo and direct their customers to their PA store. A 2 hour drive each way. The PA store expects people will be buying in large quantities. As the PA store is just a couple of miles from the border they expect volume to increase from the people driving the extra few miles to buy in PA. Lost revenue for NY more revenue for PA. Already a lot of people come south to buy their long guns.