NRA should buy S&W

denfoote

I'd go for that!!!!
I think that I'll log on to Ollie North's web page, and suggest it to him. He's on the board of directors. All you NRA members do the same. Maybe we can get this thing done. :)
His web site is www.northamerican.com
He has an e-mail Ollie icon. Use it!!!!

We can turn Smith&Wesson into a respectable company yet! :D

[This message has been edited by denfoote (edited March 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by denfoote (edited March 20, 2000).]

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Throw in Colt too - and I would buy into that in a HEART BEAT.
Then maybe we could have NRA volunteering at the factory... Be cool to sign up and get the chance to work on making my own gun.
Lets see - in the HK division, I want a PSG1 with a shortened barrel tactical light and a scout scope... Why? Because I can!
:D :D :D

Brett Bellmore

An excellent idea, and realisticly, it's probably the only way to keep the firearms firms from compromising our rights away.

I can just hear the NRA, though: We need every cent for political action, we can't afford to buy those companies. When are they going to get it through their heads that we WILL come through with the green, if they propose to spend it on something we think will do some good?

One problem, though: Try to buy more than one or two firearms comanies, and the Clinton Justice department will definately file anti-trust charges.

------------------
Sic semper tyrannis!

loknload

I'm game :D Where do I sign up? And all I want is two handguns a year in lieu of options :)

------------------
We preserve our freedoms by using four boxes: soap,ballot,jury, and cartridge.
Anonymous

We only need $82.11 million of our own money (51% of the $160 million asking price) to get the controlling interest. The balance could come from venture capital.

If each of the 80 million United States gun owners chipped in one dollar...

------------------
Slowpoke Rodrigo...he pack a gon...

Vote for the Neal Knox 13

denfoote

I just sent an e-mail to Col.Oliver North suggesting that very thing. His web address is on my post above. All you NRA members write him and let's get this thing done!! :)

Erik

The problem with the NRA buying a firearms manufacturer is that they then become just another lobbying company. They belong where they are- in politics.

Guy B. Meredith

Erik,

Another suggestion put forward was that a shooter owned corporation purchase S&W, break it up to sell to another shooter owned corporation to void the agreement. The corporation to corporation sell would presumably be internal funny money--with the same people owning both corporations.

[This message has been edited by Guy B. Meredith (edited March 20, 2000).]

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
What about this:
TFL buys S&W.
Every member puts in a substantial donation... and we all buy the company. We are all partner-owners and thus make the strategic plans for the company.
Every member gets vote on decisions and every one is happy.
So - lets all put 200K into the hat.
Rich would get even more work to do. :D

Donny

Hell, I've been saying for a few years that we ought to get Harley-Davidson involved also.
I know, I know, they've fought so hard to rid themselves of the trash-biker image, (have they really?(Sturgis)).
But look at their success story after having money woes, and being taken up by AMF. Dark days indeed for them. Then they buy it back, and, well, you know what I mean.

Best Regards,
Don

------------------
The most foolish mistake we could make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms; history shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subjected people to carry arms have prepared their own fall.
Adolf Hitler