NRA "Golden Eagle"

allenomics

Does anyone have experience serving as a NRA Golden Eagle?

It costs $200 each year. The NRA is somewhat vague about the role of Golden Eagles on its Web site (support Eddie Eagle Gunsafe program, local events, promote the Second Amendment, etc.) and it lists a number of freebies (cap, pin, belt buckle, etc.).

What do you actually do on a daily, weekly or monthly basis? Is it a stepping stone to more substantial leadership involvement in the NRA?

Last edited:

allenomics

Does anyone have ANY first hand information about the Golden Eagle program? I thought my original thread would generate at least one comment.

Joe Gunns

NOTE: I do not have a serious role in the leadership of the NRA.
My impression is that the path to a serious role in leadership is paved with a mix of celebrity, serious, high level activism experience, industry insiderism, and really big buck contributions. The less of one you have, the more of several of the others you need. Reading the bios of the BOD candidates in the RIFLEMAN will provide insight into the level of experience and activism required. I do not believe that being a Golden Eagle in and of itself will do the trick.
James
NRA Endow Life