NRA 1903 Springfield

Eghad

I went by the gun dealer today and he had a couple of 1903 Springfields up on the shelf.

One was an 03A3 in pretty good shape.

The other was a NRA/CMP Springfield 1903 in excellent condition. It even had the sight covers for the front and rear sights.....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: A true treasure. the price a mere $4250.00. The finest example of a Springfield 03 I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Trapper L

I have a few of the 03s and I find it hard to believe the prices today. I have several of the WWII era 03s made by Smith-Corona that I bought back in the 70's for $75.00 each and they were still in the green bags packed with cosmoline. I have one Remington with a 5 groove Savage barrel, one Mark I that apparently got to see a lot of the war- its not in the best of shape but it still shoots with the rest of them. Then there is the 03A3 Carbine that I have been offered major money for. The only info I have ever seen on the carbine was an article in the NRA magazine. And then there is the National Match that I have that is still in cosmoline. I can easily trade it for any new pickup on the market and have enough money left over to buy gas for years. The prices are crazy. I also have the grenade sights, launchers (no grenades- darn it), all of the bayonets, sight covers, cleaning kits both brass and plastic, etc. I thought about collecting these at one time. I guess I shoulda bought more of 'em.

hpg

I have 2 03A3's that are in excellant shape. The last ones I saw at gun shows were in the $450.00 range......hpg