Now what

TinyDee

Okay, looking at what has become my passion, a small hideaway pistol. One the performs well, reliable always and always back to small too. The Sig is a little larger but I do love Sig. The LCP is just about right, but what else do I not know. I am just not into KelTec or Taurus but who knows. Any good answers here?

BigJimP

go back to the Sig.

Or look at a 1911 in 3" or 4" barrels .... ( there are some light weight guns chambered in 9mm and .45 acp ).

ZEBRARANGER

I agree with Ice Monkey on the NAA Guardian .380, very reliable, compact and easy to conceal. Its also solid and built like a little tank. The only downside is that its a little hefty for such a small package.
DSC07451-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sevens

Okay, looking at what has become my passion
Okay, so either a superlative gets tossed around easily here or maybe I'm just crazy. But it seems to me that if you really feel like a small hideaway pistol has become a passion than you need to look past the little cheap plastic pistols for a couple hundred and go right for the legends of the game.

Look for Seecamp, or if you can justify a little larger footprint, go Rohrbaugh.

benzuncle

I bought my NAA Guardian 380 about 28 months ago, before the craziness about 380's came to pass and after doing a lot of research about the caliber, concealed carry and the like. It was my first concealed carry piece. The Guardian 380 is a solid, well built firearm. I now carry it whenever I cannot carry something larger. It rides in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I use the curved pinky extension on all 4 mags, have replaced the stock grips with Cocobolo wood grips and carry it stuffed with 102gr Remington Golden Sabers. I have pushed a fair number of other types of ammo through it at the range, all with no FTF or FTE problems. So, it is not as ammo picky as the Seecamp and easier to come by. The Seecamp would have been my first choice had I been able to find one without waiting forever. The DA only trigger is not the sweetest but I have never done a Plaxico either :eek: and I have no problem hitting a paper plate sized target at 21 feet doing double taps. As for the weight, that has never been a problem for me; my other carry firearms all weigh more than the Guardian. But I live in Florida and have no plans to climb Everest. BTW: I own 2 SIGs. I'll wait-n-see how the P238 pans out before getting too excited, as I already have a reliable 380 in my possession. Good luck with your research and decision.