Now that Obama is in, how many extra mags are you buying for your auto pistols?

Now that Obama is in, how many extra mags are you buying for your auto pistols?

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • 1 or 2

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • 3 or 4

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • 5 or 6

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • 7 or 8

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 9+

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

P99AS9

Im just wondering to see how many extra mags people are buying because of the upcoming presidency. I myself bought six new mags for every one of mine.

tailgunner6

I voted 7 or 8 because I just bought a total of 7 magazines for various guns of mine. I do however plan on buying some more in the very near future...

Ozzieman

I voted 0, I always own a min of 10 mags for every auto and Ob being what he will be soon, wont change that.

Sam06

Zero. I have 10 for each Autoloader I have or more. All are hicap, some have a +2 on them. I have a "Bunch" of mags for my AR and my M1A1 so I am good to go. If I did not I would be out buying them like crazy.

KCabbage

Hey y'all,
Could you buy high cap mags for a gun you don't own yet before the ban and buy the gun afterwards and be okay?

bigghoss

bought 3 more mags for my glock and 3 for my ak. I wanted them anyway and with everyone freaking out over obamma (i'm not sure what he'll try or be able to get away with) they're just getting more expensive and harder to find.

Wildalaska

I have plenty of mags. Now for all you guys running out to buy Glock mags, keep in mind that Glock raised the price $5 per the day after the election. Nice bunch.

WildboycottemAlaska ™

ChicagoTex

I refuse to dignify the panic buying by buying magazines I wouldn'tve bought anyway.

That said, I do have an order coming up for a 13 rounder for my CZ 75 .40, 2 12-rounders for my SIG P229 .40, and a Wilson low-profile #47 for my CBOB - but that's because it's christmas time and I've been wanting those mags for a while, not because of Obama.

I've never met a handgun I felt I needed more than 3 magazines for - and for most I'm very satisfied with two.

IZinterrogator

I just want 5 apiece for each of the pistols and rifles that have capacity over 10. So far I've met my target for all of them except the Sigs. Why are Sig mags so damn expensive? :mad:

I have 4 for each autoloader. Carry two and two for backup. I do not shoot them much as I am not a pistol man. If I did I would have a lot more.
10+ for all my rifles.

CortJestir

I already have 4 mags, at the most, for any of my autos. For me personally, I don't see the utility of any more than 4 mags for range use. I realize others may, but I don't mind reloading mags at the range -- gives me a break from shooting and allows the smoke to clear a bit :D. When I carry, I only carry one spare. I suppose I should worry about mags needing to be replaced, but I don't.

hoytinak

I haven't bought any pistol mags since as I'm comfortable with the 5 per that I've always had. I did buy 10 more AK mags for a total of 15.

45_Shooter

I've bought a few because I've bought a couple new pistols. I like to have ~10 mags a piece for each automatic rifle or pistol. It makes shooting games easier with lots of mags.

cchardwick

I voted 9+ but it was actually a bunch of 30 round AR mags that I bought and 100 round drums. It's funny, I saw this coming way ahead of everyone else when Obama was ahead in the election and it looked like he was going to win, that's when I bought my mags. As soon as Obama got elected all my mags doubled in price overnight! More than likely it's the 30 round mags that will go first.

Zero. This whole Obama thing is overrated. Nothing's going to happen.

Do you realize who Obama is and his history? Check this out, this is from the NRA WEBSITE!!! I say you better get out there and buy every gun, magazine, and box of ammo you can afford (that's what I'm doing). This may be the last chance you get!

On the Second Amendment,

Don’t Believe Obama!

The presidential primary season is finally over, and it is now time for gun owners to take a careful look at just where apparent nominee Barack Obama stands on issues related to the Second Amendment. During the primaries, Obama tried to hide behind vague statements of support for “sportsmen” or unfounded claims of general support for the right to keep and bear arms

But his real record, based on votes taken, political associations, and long standing positions, shows that Barack Obama is a serious threat to Second Amendment liberties. Don’t listen to his campaign rhetoric! Look instead to what he has said and done during his entire political career.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.2

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

Last edited:

B.N.Real

Since I am going to keep my P95 because it simply shoots too good to sell or trade it,it would be nice to fill up the grip with bullets.

I will be buying two max capacity,flush fit mags for it before they get outlawed.

That should be 17 rounds I think and that will make my Ruger P95 the equal of ANY current 9mm on the market.

Other than that I am not too worried.

All my other guns are mag'ed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.