Now that i know how often yall go an shoot...

stangfan93

how many rounds have you put through per gun? how much is alot and how much is not enough. i bought a pistol back in february and it already has 1200 rounds through it. is that ok?

starshooter231

I have had my Kel-Tec since October and put about 1000rds through it. Still not enough. I have had my Hi-Points since the end of October and put about 700rds through each. Still not enough. I have had my SA XD9SC since Friday and put about 800rds through it. And guess what? Still not enough. Enough rounds through a gun is never going to happen. Not for me atleast.:)

Kel-Tec P-11
Hi-Point C9
Hi-Point JCP 40S&W
Springfield Armory XD9SC ( FAVORITE)

Lionken07

I normally only bring 3 guns to the range.

Colt Commander XSE about 3,000 rounds. Only about 50 rounds per visit since .45 is getting expensive!

HK USPc in 9mm. About 5,500 rounds or so now. about 100-200 rounds per range visit. Its also my carry piece so I have to shoot it enough to trust it :D

Ruger single six in .22LR and .22 mag. I lost count of that gun some weeks ago...but probably at least 10,000 since I burn at least 550 rounds per visit on that gun...:D When .22lr cost next to nothing it really doesn't matter how much you shot it :D

Hook686

Is that enough ? If you can ask the question, you already know 90% of the answer. When you have shot the gun enough, you will not need to ask the question, for you will already know the answer. I shoot a couple of hundred a week. I rotate my 9mm, .357 magnum, .44 magnum each visit to the range, and shoot only one caliber per visit (maybe more than one gun, but only one caliber).

Rugged

glock 23 - 1200 rounds in the last year

ruger p95 - 500 rounds in the last year

HK Usp .40 30,000 lifetime rounds. (since 1993)

Wather p22 - 250 rounds (keeps falling apart)

NOW, if you want to talk about plinking, Ive shot out 4600 7.62x39 this year.

skeeter1

My average range day is ~100rds, maybe more if I'm using one of the .22s. They shoot cheap. I think after 50 years of shooting and hunting, I'm good to go. ;)

bennnn

I just throw the empty boxes in my bag at the range, then add it to that gun's total at home in my log book.. Yes, I keep a log book,,, I keep track of everything including comments and reports on accuracy. I HAVE seen it change after a certain round count with certain guns.

That is very important for me with carry weapons. I MUST know if I can count on it or not...

tubeshooter

I don't understand what you mean by "alot"...."not enough"....

Are you testing for reliability? Or are you worried about wearing the gun out? What are you using the numbers for? What kind/caliber? Makes a difference.

Price of ammo is a self-governing force for me, kinda takes care of that question. I suspect it's the same for many others. Frankly, it's a pretty individual thing; personally I wouldn't worry about number of rounds that much unless it was a mousegun with a history or high potential of wearing out (relatively) easy. And I wouldn't worry about how much the next man shoots regardless - again, an individual thing. For the record I don't really keep track, just mental ballpark figures.

I do about 1000 rounds/year out of my Springfield XD and 1000/year out of my taurus mil-pro 40. The Ruger 22/45 see's about 50 rounds/week and my taurus 357 mag, only about 50 rounds/month. 357 ammo has gone waaaay up lately.:mad: I'm shooting enough to stay proficient without breaking the bank, although I recently started reloading 40 S&W, that has gotten quite a bit cheaper.:D

WESHOOT2

w a g (based on primer disappearance)

Over 40K through oneamy 9x19 EAA Witnesses; over 10K (20K?) through my 45 Caspian 1911; less through the rest (but still lots :D ) (good one, ay?)

rnovi

Smith 625: 12,000 rounds in 24 months. No problems.

Ruger GP100: 6,000 rounds +. No problems.

Thompson 1911: 10,000 +. No problems.

Ruger MkII: 50,000 +. STILL no problems.