Noveske Infidel first impressions

Willie Lowman

I just picked up a Noveske Infidel. Paid $2500 for it. I haven't shot it yet becouse the AimPoint I ordered for it came without a mount so I am waiting for the mount to come in. Hopefully I can get it out this saturday and get it zeroed and have some fun with it.

First I want to say the fit and finish on this carbine is excellent. The upper and lower pin together with almost zero wobble. There are ambi controls on the lower. The safety is a 60 degree with a lever on both sides. There is a button added above and slightly behind the mag release that will close the bolt when it is locked open. The magazine can be dropped by pressing a button on either side of the lower. The only control that is not ambi is locking the bolt back without a magazine. That has to be done by pressing the bottom of the ping pong paddle on the left side just like any other AR.

The carbine has a KX-5 muzzle device pinned to the barrel to make it 16". I had a rifle with a KX-3 years ago and it did a great job directing the blast away from me when shooting. The KX-5 is smaller so it will fit inside the free float forend but I expect it will do the job.

The forend has M-lok slots all the way down it. I covered it with MagPul type 1 rail covers. They are grippy and offer some protection from heat that you don't get with a bare aluminum forend.

The flip up back up irons are the MagPul MBUIS 3. They are made of some kind of metal. They are adjustable without a tool but the drum to make windage and elevation changes is difficult to turn with your fingers. I will call this a good thing as once they are zeroed they should not easily be rotated out of their setting.

The trigger is a ALG ACT. It looks like a normal USGI style trigger (minus the auto sear hook on the hammer of course). The pull feels like about 5 to 6 pounds. I don't have a trigger pull gauge. It is smooth and has a nice positive reset. For $2500 I think they could have gone ahead and put a Geissle trigger in the gun though. I will probably make that upgrade to it myself.

The bolt carrier group is standard. Nothing remarkable there.

Lastly I mounted a SureFire scout light on the top Pic rail with the front lens just behind the muzzle. I know some of you don't like flashlights on guns but I simply don't care about your opinion. I think you are wrong and that is that.

All in all this is the nicest AR I have bought. It is nicer than my old Noveske Basic model that I have had for years.

Last edited:

Willie Lowman

fac5acea5ff18a2969f43cb8c5a437e906d892cd.jpg

0cf79e1bcf9a17d06157fa3f57335399bb5232d9.jpg

9451812101d8c2ca280bef3f75eaf87c09fea042.jpg

fa8b63f40fb624a008a12fe150f70a97c17fa334.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow9mm

Good looking rifle. I really like the receiver transition to the rail. Ambi bolt drop is nice, I would be concerned with it that close to the mag release hitting the wrong one. Always wanted to try a flaming pig. Looks like magpul grip and stock.only questions now are how's the trigger and how does she shoot.

chadio

Lotsa dollars, but..... nice choice.

Roughly 8 years ago, I wanted a top shelf rifle as my first and only AR. I called 3 rifle companies and asked to speak with their engineer. Got to have a very nice conversation with each of them. Who did I call?

- Noveske RifleWorks
- LaRue Tactical
- Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)

Willie Lowman

Range report.

It was quick to zero. The flip up irons were only off by about 3 inches high and right at 50 yards. After I got them lined up I cowitnessed the dot in my AimPoint to the irons and was almost on with it. Just a few clicks and it was perfect.

I am not crazy about the ALG ACT trigger. It leaves me wanting more. It is better than a typical stock mil-spec trigger. It is smooth and crisp. But the 6 pound pull weight puts me off. I have Geissele Super Semi Auto triggers in my other 3 ARs and am used to the very crisp 4 pound 2 stage pull. With the ALG I found my shots slower and sometimes I would catch myself flinching down on the rifle because I expected it to have gone off with less trigger pull than I had given it. I will probably put a SSA trigger in this rifle soon. I can say the ALG ACT is a nice trigger. A definite improvement over a run of the mill trigger but it's not for me.

Accuracy was as good as I could expect shooting Fiocchi bulk pack ammo. Ejection was uniformly to 4 o'clock.

How do you like the Ambi controls ?
I haven't used them. I have 21 years of experience with standard AR controls. The ambi option is nice and I am sure when I take this carbine to a class and have to shoot left handed they will come in handy but I don't really have much use for them at this point.