NOT your average "CZ" Yugoslavian Mod. 70

Sir William

CRVENA ZASTAVA. This is a excellent condition 32 ACP for under $175.00. A touch blocky and heavy. Mine came with one magazine and a Mdl III/T marked holster. It seems to be built to last. Anyone else purchased one of these?

poppy

I've got a CZ-50 32ACP that came with a shoulder holster. I think it is similar to the CZ-70. It is a lot of gun for that caliber, but it made a nice addition to my collection.

I bought mine back in '97 for about $140 I think. poppy

JR47

The CZ70 is a "product improved" CZ50. I'm really not sure what they improved, though. They are strong, and durable little weapons. We have one of each, and they have been reliable and reasonably accurate. Both are a bit touchy about JHP ammo, though.:)

AK103K

I dont think Sir William is referring to the CZ 70, but the Yugo ZASTAVA Mod. 70. They are different guns.

AK103K

Zastava M70
zastava_m70.jpg

Czech CZ70
f1b9af11.jpg

JR47

I thought that the Model70 Zastava was an alloy framed weapon. It also wouldn't enjoy the CZ title, it would be a VZ model.

Last edited:

Sir William

Yes, it is a Yugoslavian product and it is a CZ. They are great little inexpensive pistols. They do require a familiarity with the Rubiks cube to fieldstrip and reassemble though. LOL Mine will chamber JHP from Speer but, it doesn't like Federal JHPs or Hydra-Shoks. I am going to try Remington and UMC FMJ.

Army Dog

I own both of these weapons and have done a considerable ammount of research. Although they share the name they are two very different pistols. The Chec weapon is similiar in apearance to a PPK and was used by East German police officers during the cold war although these guns are underpowered and heavy they are durable and ridiculously accurate, I love mine. The Yugo looks very different and most closely resembles a Russian Tokarov. The one I bought felt as if it were full of sand but the price was right. I disasembled it and it was fine other than needing a recoil spring (there is a Canadian company that has some back stock parts) so I replaced it and the gun shoots without incident and is also very accurate (partially due to fixed barrells). As was said they are picky with ammo and forget hollow points; but for the price they are fun to shoot other than .32 ACP being a little pricey. If given the choice I would definately choose the Chec model. Enjoy and never forget those that have died so that we have our rights!