not sure what to call this

Status
Not open for further replies.

noone

first off sorry for not putting in any text along with the quotes in the ann coulter thread, I had to erase stuff for it fit and deleted my text because of it.

powderman: well I certainly type what my beliefs are in this forum because first it would take too much time and space, and second its hard to put down.
I can however comment on your post in the locked thread, to give you some kind of an idea.

We are tired of the social failures that are evident in each and every incident where criminals are slapped on the wrist, where our children graduate from high school unable to read or write proper English;
who isn't.

where songs glamorizing drugs, promiscuity and even attacking other citizens and peace officers are given mainstream attention;
I do not like this kind of music, nor do I think others should listen to it. but it is their right to make it, and people to listen to it. I think that parents should teach their children what right and wrong is, bring them up right, and they will be fine.

where parents are afraid to discipline their children because if they do they can be arrested and charged with a misdemeanor that carries more punishment than some felony crimes--lifelong punishment that is.
I believe parents should be able to discipline their children as they see fit. but I will also never physically punish my child. If Im doing my job correctly, I should never need too.
We are sick of some political candidates who want us to bend over and kiss the collective hind ends of the United Nations, who want to subscribe to their version of "law".
agree again.

We are tired of seeing different days established in our nation to honor different beliefs and ethnic groups while our own national customs and beliefs are flushed down the toilet. Don't believe me?
I am not tired of that. I have my beliefs. I pass on to my children knowledge and discuss differnt things. the choice ultimately is up to them. they can do what they want in school, they know what they believe and that is all that matters.

I remember reading about a time when serving in our armed forces was considered a privilege and an honor.
It still is, there are just people making noise because they dont like the way things are run. again raise your child correctly, give the facts and info, and let them decide.

I remember reading about a time when armed citizens came to the aid of beseiged police officers, holding a sniper at bay with their high-powered rifles. (See Charles Whitman).
Tuff one, for everyone to decide on their own. I hope a situation like that never happens. but if it did in my presence, and I could safely help I would.

Most of all, I can remember reading about a time where praising a sworn enemy of the United States--in a classroom, none the less--got you run out of town on a rail--NOT reelected as a Senator. (See Patty Murray)
Im not familiar with the situation you describe. the classroom is a bad place for this discusion it sounds like. But if it came down to it and I felt it needed to be done, I would do it in an appropriatte manner.

And yes, on this side of the fence, I am tired of watching our nation bleed from jabs rendered from the south side of our border.
very well said.

I am tired of seeing our military subjected to a continual love/hate relationship by the public they protect.
Same here, but I think you are confusing dislike for the actions of an administration, for dislike for our servicemen and women.

I am tired of weepy little sheep afraid of inanimate hand-held machines who restrict the right of Joe Citizen (you and me) to carry and use the firearm of our choice.
Again well said.

Well, there you have it--some of my views and beliefs. What about yours?
See above

sorry I didnt get to answer any question on the other thread I was out.

Last edited:

noone

Even if he answers... it will be ambiguous and indirect.

He likes the sound of his own "voice"... but doesn't want to "hear" yours...

pointer: edited, im not sure what to say to that.

antipitas: again sorry, I deleted my text and forgot about it. the post was meant to counterbalance a different thread. luckily it didnt do that, and to top it off got no good debate, just attacks.

This however is neither reasoned, reasonable, nor debate.

I didnt mean it to go that and I am sorry.

Al Norris

Moderator Emeritus
Rebar, allow me to quote part of my closing post in that other thread: "Should you wish to restart this thread, as a debatable topic, which would include links to the quotes, and your opinion as to why you object (which would reveal your political position more fully), then be my guest." reference: ann coulter - post #33

I have no objections to someone knocking Ann Coulter. As a celebrity, she is open to ad hominem attacks as are any celebrity. What I objected to, and locked that thread for, was spelled out. Quite thoroughly, I had thought.

This thread appears to be both an apology and an explanation to powderman. While no ones owes anyone else an apology or an explanation, the fact that noone did this, says a lot about his character.

I'm gonna leave this open until the morning to see how this pans out. What happens then is up to you folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.