• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Not receiving email notices

kmw1954

Hello. as of 8/2/18 for some unknown reason I have stopped receiving email notifications for reply's to posts. I just went thru my profile setting and don't see anything unusual.

Thanks, Kevin

Mal H

Staff
Have you checked your spam or trash folders for them?

Any other members reading this - are you having a similar problem?

Sometimes the email server does stop serving, but we haven't had any other report of it.

kmw1954

Mal H, thanks for the response. I am using Outlook 2010 thru Charter/Spectrum. I have also checked my email and didn't receive an email for this response. I was having this same issue with the site TaurusArmed.net and we couldn't find anything or fix it. I had to change to a different email account. Also it seemed that I was the only member there that had this happen.

kmw1954

Also just noticed that I had made a post in the General Discussion forum and it is now gone. Was it deleted?

Mal H

Staff
I checked the email system and it is working as it should. You might want to try using a different email address here.

I had made a post ... Was it deleted?
Yes. I found the post and it was totally politics and a bit OT for the thread it was in.

kmw1954

Mal H thank you for the heads up on the delete. I understand. Seems the whole topic was slightly political also but again I do understand the forums view point.

kmw1954

Mal H,
Thank you so very much for assisting me thru THR forum. Now that I can communicate thru here again if you would like to delete the post over at THR I believe that would be appropriate.

When I was having problems with the other forum I spent a couple hours on the phone with a Charter/Spectrum tech and we found nothing. Not on their end or my end. They insist that they do not have a "black list" or denied list of domains and that blocking is all done via Outlook and "blocked senders" which I have control over.

Anyways I am very pleased that I can now at least access the forum and reply. Again thank you so much!

Kevin

kmw1954

Hello again Mal H,

Still having trouble with this and cannot receive email or updates. Could you possibly PM me with help? I have opened a yahoo account to try and change email accounts but I seem to have also forgotten my password to make the email change.

Once again I thank you.