not enough room?

c.j.sikes

i load in a 12x16 shop. i have benches all round the room. still not near enough room. i should have moved into a 3 room house and built a 50x100 shop. or mabe i should get rid of a lot of reloading equpt???? cjs

zippy13

Haven't you read the latest tree-huggers' report: Any reloading operation that occupies more than 16-sq.ft. contributes to global warming, err… climate change. ;)

k4swb

I'm in a 12'X10' room where i do my hobbies. HAM radio, computer, hunting and reloading stuff everywhere.
I have those metal strips on all the walls where yo put the metal arms in them and have 12" shelving boards all along every wall.

I would kill for the extra 6' you have.:eek:

farmerboy

I've been reloading in the corner of my bedroom for the last 16 years. About 6foot by 5 foot. Yours is spacious! Quit whinning.

Lost Sheep

c.j.sikes said:
not enough room?
i load in a 12x16 shop. i have benches all round the room. still not near enough room. i should have moved into a 3 room house and built a 50x100 shop. or mabe i should get rid of a lot of reloading equpt???? cjs
Are you soliciting commiseration or asking for advice?

If the former, sorry, I have space envy.

If the latter, please share with us the kind of loading you do. Quantities of ammo, your loading style, typical loading session, equipment inventory, etc. Maybe someone has a similar setup with an efficient layout you could model.

Maybe a picture or two of your current layout to accompany your equipment inventory.

Lost Sheep

Edward429451

You have to work your way up. I started in a portion of the closet in the bedroom and now I have a 15 X 24 section of the basement. Benches all around, and not enough room. I know the feeling. :)

Pond James Pond

I anticipate space issues myself. My relaoding area will be my garage: just down the road from my home. In there, along with my motorbike and sidecar, what seems like 2 cubic metres of camping gear, all the stuff my wife "doesn't want indoors" and decides can go in the infinite space called "garage", is the reloading bench I built a couple of weekends ago.

I say bench. It is more of a shelf.
It is about 50cm by 100cm. The press and powder measure will go in the middle. A loading tray either side, the scales toward the back and everything else will have to be on shelving above.

It's going to be interesting!!

Shootest

I never have enough room for reloading. Went from a 4 foot bench to a 8 foot bench and now to a 10 foot bench. Still no room. Kind of like a democrat with money, the more you get the more you need.

snuffy

Every time I buy some new piece of reloading equipment or supplies, I hear the walls creak when I walk into the loading room!:eek::rolleyes:

The walls are covered with shelves, Storage on a shelf under the main loading bench, and more under that. Powder is kept in another room, along with loaded ammo ready for the range. I either have to get a bigger place, or quit buying stuff.

You're not alone in the reloading addiction.

My main ambition since I retired over a year ago was, to get one main load for each gun I own. Then keep that ammo,(in quantity), with that gun. Still working on that, have completed a couple .

GlenF

I have no room for a dedicated reloading area, so planning is the key to overcoming this obstacle.

All my reloading is done on the kitchen table. So scheduling kitchen table time is required. And when this time is available I have to make the most of it. To generate the most ammo in the least amount of time with the lowest investment I went with a Dillon RL550B press. This press is bolted to a 10x20 inch board and stored in a bedroom closet. For use it is hauled out and carefully clamped to the kitchen table. All reloading supplies are stored in various places throughout the house. What ever is needed gets gathered up from storage locations throughout the house and reloading begins. Upon completion of the reloading project everything is put away.

Although inconvenient, over 73000 rounds of multiple calibers in three years using this method. Just imagine the round count if things were easier.

PawPaw

I have plans in the next several years to build a 60'X60' shop on a piece of land I'm not currently using. Open floor plan. My reloading bench will go in there. I'm currently using a corner of the garage, but I could use a little more bench space and lots more cabinets.

room never enough

eI have a 10by12 ft space in it is my bench, a cleaning bench, three sets of shelves, and stool. Over the loading bench is cabinet that hold my dies, scale, power feed, and gun cleaning stuff, I am surrounded by my wife's treasures (crap) that she needs for the changing seasons. My shelves are filled with my power,bullets,brass that is cleaned and brass wait to be cleaned, my range bag,three dry storage box filled with loaded ammo. I am happy as pig in warm mud.