not another naa thread!!

troy_mclure

got some questions for you naa guys.

on the holster grip model, how difficult is it to get it out and ready to shoot?

also has anybody shot the aguila 60gr SSS .22Lr rounds thru theirs yet?

im thinking more of a hiking/backpacking gun. where every ounce counts.

zombieslayer

the holster grip that came on my 22lr mini was flimsy, and when it was on all my shots went high. the detent button, just comes shooting out whenever it wants, meaning the grip won't hold open, not good in a situation when you need it. I sent mine back twice, and turnaround was terrible. The revolver itself was beautiful, but the most useful grips for these guns, IMO, are the ''pug" style. I've heard lots of people say they love their holster grip, but I sent a letter to NAA I was so disappointed with the performance, and they wouldn't even TRADE my defective folding grip (the second one) for a standard one. The standard grips let you utilize the gun's small size to conceal very easily.For the extra bulk the folding grip, you could carry a thin auto, and have quicker access to more firepower, without having to use both hands.

Sam06

I had the holster grip on mine for a while but took it off. I did not like it. I thought it was kind of flimsy and it was hard to deploy the gun in that configuration. Also I carry my knife there and it interfered with it. I tried it in the left pocket but that did not work either so its sitting in the holster drawer along with about 15-20 other good ideas:eek:

I carry mine all the time and it rides in one of their(NAA) leather holsters with the clip on it. I just put the pistol in the holster and then put the whole thing in my pocket. It works good. I use the clip sometimes too. I have not shot the 60 SSS Agulia ammo in mine. So I cannot say if it will work. I have both cylinders for mine and I shoot cheapo 22LR for fun, but for business I carry 22 Mags.

ZeSpectre

Oh for crying out loud, if you are going to carry a gun while backpacking then carry a gun not a toy. Otherwise you are going to find a lot more utility from a decent knife and a 5ft walking staff made of ash or oak.

MTT TL

on the holster grip model, how difficult is it to get it out and ready to shoot?

Slow. You are better off with a lightweight polymer frame gun loaded with a useful self defense cartridge.

im thinking more of a hiking/backpacking gun. where every ounce counts.

I guess. I could carry a plastic knife instead of a metal one to save weight but I won't be able to cut anything with it.

PointOneSeven

Takes as long as opening a folding knife. That on top of trying to aim it with goofy grips and awesome sights naa's come with... And that it shoots the equivalent of a handful of tictacs... And if you're trying to shoot a wild animal that isn't holding still...

I would agree with the other poster. A knife would be more effective in a survival situation at that point.

It's a fun little gun, but that's as far as it goes. I used to pocket carry the .22 mag version as a belly gun. But I had no delusions of accuracy or firepower, there just isn't any.

smee78

"also has anybody shot the aguila 60gr SSS .22Lr rounds thru theirs yet?"
"I dont know if a nna barrel can stabilize a 60gr bullet?"
"i wouldnt think it would need stabilized for <10' ?"

What type of anwser do you want then? yes or no?

troy_mclure

key word being think!

thus the reason for my asking if anybody has done it, how the recoil was, does it throw it 10' left at 20', can it even "get up to speed?".

not just an opinion with a ?

Tortuga12

Wow...

And that it shoots the equivalent of a handful of tictacs...

You've been drinking the .45 kool-aid again, haven't you! This post reminds me of a picture I found online one day:

dont-worry-sir-im-from-the-internet.jpg

Very mall ninja, IMO.

Last edited: