Not again! Didn't need it but bought it..

Vet66

So there it was, laying in my dealers case...a hard to find Croatian HS2000
9mm pistol. I've only seen 2 of these before including this example. I guess Springfield is selling these now as a XD9. Original HS2000 are seldom encountered. Now one of them is mine, great underrated pistol, this one is in excellent condition.....what is wrong with me? I didn't need it, but had to have it...again.

HS2000-2_zpssgbuawba.jpg

HS2000-1_zps11fc3c5a.jpg

jasmith85

I have never seen one of those in the flesh. It would be an interesting gun to have along with a Thunder 5 (pre-Taurus Judge .410/45 Colt revolver). How much are they now? I was not into guns this long ago, but I've heard people say that before Springfield licensed them as the XD they were cheap to buy and looked down on by a lot of people. That is just hearsay and I'm not sure if its true though.

lee n. field

I have never seen one of those in the flesh. It would be an interesting gun to have along with a Thunder 5 (pre-Taurus Judge .410/45 Colt revolver). How much are they now? I was not into guns this long ago, but I've heard people say that before Springfield licensed them as the XD they were cheap to buy and looked down on by a lot of people. That is just hearsay and I'm not sure if its true though.

I have never seen one either, in the flesh. Nor did I ever hear about them before Springfield started selling them.

The low cost when there were sold (here in the United State) as the HS2000 is one of the 5 or 6 arguments folks will trot out when they want to trash talk the XD. "Oh, it was a good deal then. Springfield jacked the price up!" Uhh, maybe there's a reason the first importer isn't around anymore. Support costs. Lifetime warranty has to cost something.

I read that Springfield will fix them, but they charge.

railroader

When I had my HS 2000 the importer ran out of new parts for warranty work. Then later Springfield said they would cover the warranty if I sent in my gun and paid shipping both ways. Being Springfield won't sell alot of the small parts I traded the gun.

armoredman

We called in the Croatian Sensation when we sold them at the gun shop I worked at years ago. as a good solid performer, had several satisfied customers.

Martowski

I almost bought an HS2000 when they first came out... They were selling at a ridiculously low price, something around $299 or so if I recall. But, being an unknown company and unknown handgun I didn't take a "flyer" on it. Then, of course, comes, SA who turns it into the XD and the rest is history. And, today I own an XD-40.

JDBerg

Didn't need it but bought it..

HA, how many would we have if we only bought the ones we "needed"!:rolleyes:

I just keep telling myself that the guns and the Rolex Submariner are all worth more than what I paid for them!

P71pilot

From what I understand they are excellent, strong, reliable striker fired autos. I don't like how they look but the xdm .40 I handled felt nice in the hand. I really love my Walther PPQ but sadly have to sell it