Not a Glock fan but......G42

SauerGrapes

Well, maybe a little. I've shot my share of Glocks. From Gen 2's To a Gen 4. I just never warmed up to any of them.
I'm also not a fan of most of the .380 guns. Too small, lousy triggers and crappy sights.

Picked up a LNIB Glock 42 last Saturday after shooting one about a month ago. I figured for $300 I might as well get it.
This is something I actually thought would be a good gun for my wife to carry.

I took it to the range today to see what I got. This is a nice little gun! I have to say, I like the sights with the u-shaped white outline. Ammo was a little hard to find. Ended up with some Tula steel cased.
Only shot 25 rounds, but I am pretty pleased with the little bugger. Recoil isn't bad, trigger is good, sights are great.
This was 25 rounds @15yds. Better than I expected.
glock 42.jpg

Gene Pool

Glocks are addictive...because they are genuine "go-to-a-gunfight" guns. And don't under estimate .380 caliber. With today's defense ammo, they are sufficient for personal protection in most scenirios.

Gene

AK103K

At $300, you got a great deal. :)

Ive been shooting the snot out of mine, and they have yet to skip a beat. They are soft shooters, compared to most .380's, and shoot like the bigger Glocks, and at the same distances.

I shot this at about 10 yards. Each group in the head is 2-3 mags worth.

ry%3D400

The only thing I dont like about them is, they run empty to quick. :)

Gene Pool

Quote: "Ammo was a little hard to find."

I reload .380 with good results--got tired of paying $20+ for a box. So if you are in to reloading, pick up the brass cases and use plated bullets. Then ammo will never be hard to find.

Gene

Snowdog

If I didn't already have a Sig 238HD (which has a great trigger and awesome sights), I would have strongly considered the G42. I've read great things about them.
My Sig 238 might be a smidgen easier for me to conceal since it's a smidgen smaller. However, the P238HD is about 6oz heavier and unfortunately that makes a difference with some methods of carry.

WildBill45

My 'Baby Glock' is a wonder, easy to pocket or carry holstered without bringing attention. It shoots great, and with loads that use the Hornady XTP bullets it is a stopper for the .380 caliber! Fiochhi, Hornady, and others load the XTP bullet. It makes the .380's bite as big as its bark!

AK103K

I reload .380 with good results--got tired of paying $20+ for a box. So if you are in to reloading, pick up the brass cases and use plated bullets. Then ammo will never be hard to find.
Me too. Its really the only way to go if you want to practice on a regular basis.

Even then, .380 brass and bullets, seem to bring a premium, when compared to 9mm.

I had been reloading 9mm for a year when the G42 was released, in that time I accumulated a fair amount of .380 brass. Upgrading to a new press left me with a spare set of 9mm dies..... So I simply added a sizing die so I could reload .380, it turned out to be an excellent investment considering the current price of .380 ammo.

I picked my G42 up shortly after it was released. I've had a ton of fun with it, so hasn't everyone that has shot it..... most have since purchased one.

Uncle Malice

Even then, .380 brass and bullets, seem to bring a premium, when compared to 9mm.

This is really the only really the only reason I have no interest in a 380. Not the round effectiveness, but rather the rounds effectiveness in relation to its cost. I understand that I'm paying more for 10mm than 9mm.

AK103K

As much as I like my 42's, I dont see them replacing my 26's. I also dont see Glock bothering with a single stack 9mm.

The 42 is thinner than the 26, but not by much, and the advantage goes to the 26 for caliber and mag compatibility with its bigger siblings.

For me, at this point, Im thinking the 42 will probably relegated to third line and play time.

SauerGrapes

The only ammo I could get on short notice was some Tula steel case. I think I paid $15? For 50. I have a little .380 brass. Haven't decided whether I want to bother rolling my own.

I think this will be a good fit for my wife. If not, I see an ankle holster in my future.....lol.

SauerGrapes

Took my wife with her new membership and G42 to the range today. She did pretty good.
We spent a lot of time going over range rules and safe gun handling. Worked on stance, grip and gun manipulation. She shot 75 rounds and was doing pretty good @ 15ft by the end of the session.

jfrey

I got one several months ago and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I plan to remedy that situation in the morning. Really got it for my wife as a gun for the car.

GyMac

The G42 seems like a nice gun. I have a Mak in .380, bought it for the gun, not the caliber. All my others are in 9mm Mak. Anyway, I've started to reload for the .380 and, surprisingly, I really enjoy it. I picked up some once fired cases and, because I shoot lead, the bullets are relatively cheap. I still shoot other calibers, but the .380 is a lot of fun to shoot.

JERRYS.

my G42 has been 100% with regular ammo, however low powered ammo like Monarch proved to be too weak to cycle the slide consistently.

wwb, rem. green box and the like have been spot on.