Nosler Solid Base Info?

Ruger # 1

I recently found out that Nosler has reintroduced the Solid Base. Has anyone ever used these bullets, and if so, what are your impressions of them? I've read a little about them, and most writers seemed impressed with them on deer sized game. They appear to be constructed just like the Ballistic Tips, just minus the polycarbonate tip. Do they perform like the Ballistic Tips ?

griz

I liked them when they were available. They were just a little tougher than the B.T.'s. I found them accurate in every caliber I tried.

Are they supposed to have a full line of them? Are they going to be as expensive as the B.T.'s are?

Leftoverdj

Not a full line and not widely available. What I heard was that Nosler is making SB under contract for one of the major ammo manufacturers. Extra production and blems get sold to a couple of distributors. Powder Valley is the one that I remember.

Ruger # 1

I realized Nosler was making them for Federal, but they are also offering a pretty extensive line for handloaders. Check out their website ; Nosler.com.You can also order directly from them. Thanks for the input.