Nosler Brass

mrawesome22

Hello all. I'm considering ordering some Nosler 22-250Rem brass. Does anyone have experience with this stuff? It gets great reviews at Midway. .4gr variance and the likes. That is incredible to me. I'm use to 4 and 5 whole grain variance with Win and Rem brass. The reviewers also compliment the neck and flash hole consistency. So is this stuff worth it?

Thanks.

joneb

I have loaded Nosler brass in .308 Win with no complaints. The brass is "ready to load" meaning it is trimmed, chamfered, sized and primer pockets are uniformed. Of the 150pcs of Nosler .308 Win brass I have the weights are + or - .5 grains, the brass is concentric and has consistent wall thickness. If I had to guess, I would say it is prepped Norma brass ?

freakshow10mm

The only time I woud buy Nosler, Norma or Lapua brass is if I was competing for money. For the casual shooter, it's wasted money on a 50y deer hunt.

Smokey Joe

Nosler brass...

Mr Awesome--
I'll let you know how they turn out.
Please do. The Nosler brass is a pretty new entity, but comes with great reviews. If it is as good as their bullets, it'll be primo stuff, right up there with Lapua and Norma brass.

If you like accuracy, you use good brass. It's not wasted $$.

mrawesome22

I don't think it will be a waste of money either if it's as good as the reviews it's getting. Just not having to debur the flash holes and uniform the primer pockets would be worth the extra money to me. I read somewhere that they even come chamfered:eek: Not sure if that's true or not but I guess I'll find out.

rn22723

Lapua is cheaper then Nosler as the Lapua comes in 100ct boxes vs the Nosler in 50ct boxes. The range of offerings in the Nosler line exceeds Lapua and Norma. A good idea to decrease the cost is buy the Seconds from the Nosler Pro Shooters Shop.

Despite the post about competing for $, reloading is hobby and if you makes your guns shoot better then use the combo that works.

One has to balance case life in brass. I have 16 reloads on one lot of Lapua 308 brass, and I have not gotten that much of WW brass. But, for hunting well RP or WW might be the best route.

ForneyRider

recent magazine article says Nosler is made by Federal. They were comparing brass brands as part of a series on reloading accuracy.

I bought Nosler brass for my dad's .22-250. I think it is great. It was nice and clean, sized, chamfered and ready to go. I checked a few of them for size in my sizing die and they felt great. Nosler is priced between the more expensive Lapua and Norma brass and the cheaper Remington and Winchester.