North Carolina voters

pax

This weekend I met a relative of mine, Duane Kratzer, who is running for Congress. The man is articulate, funny, warm, and intelligent. He's a conservative Republican running in a Democrat district against a black woman who is a liberal Democrat and an eight-year incumbent. He is very pro-guns and has read John Lott's More Guns, Less Crime, which he cited to me as "a truly great book."

Apparently awhile back he got into some hot water when he referred to that book while giving a stump speech. He told a roomfull of liberals that one of his proposed solutions to the high rate of crime in drug-ridden neighborhoods, would be to recommend that all the law abiding citizens in the neighborhood arm themselves. Somehow that didn't go over too well in that crowd ... :D

Anyway, if I were in NC I'd vote for him. He's one of the good guys.

pax

"Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a virtue. Fleas are interested in dogs." -- P. J. O'Rourke

Ironbarr

Pax,
What district - area of NC???
Does he have a web page? Email address? Other info to alert our NC friends and relatives?

-Andy

------------------
Think MOLES!

pax

District 1 -- he lives in Greenville. I'm not sure about a web page but will post more info when I get it from him.

pax

------------------
"Is there anything wrong with a woman preferring the dignity of an armed citizen? I don't like to be coddled and I don't like to be treated like a minor child. So I waive immunity and claim my right -- I go armed." -- Longcourt Phyllis in Beyond This Horizon by Robert Heinlein

Dead

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial,helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pax:
District 1 -- he lives in Greenville..........[/quote]

Ever hear of a company called Sterling in Greenville???

------------------
Dead [Black Ops]