North American Guardian, Anyone have an opinion

mrt949

If you are looking at a all steel 32 .spend the extra money on a seecamp .THE BESTYOU CAN BUY FOR YOUR MONEY .WELCOME MRT949.:D:D

ChicagoTex

If you are looking at a all steel 32 .spend the extra money on a seecamp .THE BESTYOU CAN BUY FOR YOUR MONEY .WELCOME MRT949.

The Seecamp is also a solid performer, and only cost around $100 more. They can be a tad bit hard to find sometimes though and are, IMO, "too small" (if there is such a thing in pocket autos).

Dr_2_B

I've owned one and gave it to my dad. It's heavy for its size, but functions well. Personally, I'd rather go with a .380. And I too would opt for a Seecamp in stead. Seecamps simply are amazingly small & well engineered.

glenncal1

Saw a couple at the gunshow today, they are very nicely made. They are fairly heavy for the breed especially compared to the Kel-Tec or Ruger. You may also want to look at the new Micro Desert Eagle, .380 but not as heavy as the NAA also very nicely made.

Stiofan

So many guns, so many choices! The SIG 238 is supposed to begin shipping in June. Impact Guns is taking orders for it at $455. Might want to throw that one in for consideration if you want a .380 instead of the .32 round.

Bill DeShivs

I handled a Micro Eagle today.
Thick, clunky, and reasonably heavy. It weighed more empty than my loaded P32 Keltec.
The M/E is, in my opinion, ugly as hell-and not a good buy.

LanceOregon

This looks like a real sweet and small automatic, in 32, at least what I saw. How are they?

Way, way heavier and fatter than a Ruger LCP. With an absolutely horrible heavy and creepy 10 lb trigger pull.

And chambered for a much less powerful cartridge than a Ruger LCP, too.

LanceOregon

So many guns, so many choices! The SIG 238 is supposed to begin shipping in June. Impact Guns is taking orders for it at $455. Might want to throw that one in for consideration if you want a .380 instead of the .32 round.

A single action pocket pistol makes no sense at all.

RJay

To those that claim that the Seecamp is better, put a Seecamp side to side with a Guardian,. There's a reason the look similar but the Guardian is a hell a lot easier to disassemble. NAA almost had a deal to build the Seecamp, but it fell throught, so they said the heck with it and built their version anyway. I think it's a better gun.:)

PSP

NAA almost had a deal to build the Seecamp, but it fell through...

NAA almost had a deal with whom? Seecamp? Can you cite a source for this statement please.

This looks like a real sweet and small automatic, in 32, at least what I saw. How are they?

The Guardian is a well made, reliable pistol. MSRP is $402.
The Seecamp is a little smaller and lighter. MSRP is $446.

I carry a Seecamp but I'd have no problem using a Guardian, they are close in most important regards.

rantingredneck

I had two Guardians. The .380 and .32NAA versions (larger frame than the .32ACP). Good guns. Accurate once you learn the trigger. Relatively easy to shoot. I sold the .32NAA because ammo was so hard to find. Basically had to order it from NAA. Sold the .380 once I bought my LCP as the LCP is much lighter yet easier to shoot due to the difference in lockwork (blowback vs. locked breech).

That being said, I'd have no regrets about owning another somewhere down the road. Good guns.

Laserlips

JMOfartO:

Comparing NAA Guardians to Seecamps is like comparing, well, good apples to perfect apples..

There is nothing wrong with the NAA Guardian. My experience was that the Guardian is a fine little mousegun, and NAA backs their products with great customer service.

If "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery" then NAA has certainly flattered Larry Seecamps little jewel with their Guardian, because the Guardian is basically a Seecamp clone.

100_6746.jpg

My Guardian (actually at one time I had two) was an excellent little pistol. It was reliable, accurate, and some gun buyers actually prefer the different mag release and method of disassembly over that of the Seecamp..

In fact when I was searching for a Seecamp and none were available I used that very same argument when I settled for a Guardian.. And the Guardian did not let me down. I would recommend the NAA Guardian without reservation as an excellent small cc pistol choice.

The problem with the Guardian only comes when you get to hold a Seecamp. The Seecamp is simply the best of it's nitch, and I would suggest that a person who holds one of each will wind up desiring the Seecamp. It's the truth.

The NAA Guardian is not bad, in fact it's very good. It's just not a Seecamp.

You won't be unhappy with either. In fact buying the Guardian over the Seecamp LWS32 will probably wind up saving you about $800. Because after you own an LWS32 you are going to want an LWS380, and getting a new LWS380 these days involves over $800 and a wait of approaching two years. :barf:

Of course I've got mine, so I don't care. :D

100_0145_01.jpg

If you want a great little mousegun, the Guardian will serve you well.. If you want the BEST mousegun in the world, get a Seecamp.

Just personal opinion, no offense to NAA fans. :)

Best Wishes,

Jesse

benzuncle

Guardians and Seecamps are both really well made firearms. I bought the NAA 380 for my first concealed carry piece and still carry it often in a Nemesis Pocket holster. The weight for me is a non-issue; I'm not planning on climbing Mount Everest anytime soon. The 32 caliber was just a little, well, too little. The Guardian 380 will eat any ammo you feed it. The Seecamp 380 is sort of picky in that way. I also prefer the mag release on the Guardian over the European style mag release on the Seecamp. The biggest problem with the Seecamp 380 however is availability. I have seen many Seecamp 32's but haven't seen a 380 in any gun shop in several years. (That should tell you something about the Seecamp 380.) I added Coco Bolo grips to my NAA 380 for comfort. I carry it with 102gr Remington Golden Sabers in it and the spare mag. Aside from the new Sig that's about to come out, I've seen nothing on the market that has stirred my interest in losing the Guardian 380. And I'll wait for the "jury to come in" on the Sig.

LanceOregon

I've seen nothing on the market that has stirred my interest in losing the Guardian 380.

Hmmm, well, a Kahr PM9 is lighter weight, thinner, and shoots 9mm instead of the crippled .380 Auto.

pm9.jpg

The difference in trigger pulls between these guns is like night and day.