North American Arms Guardian anyone got one?

epic4444

i was wondering how much yall liked them and if they are accurate...and are they really small enough to just throw in your pocket like it was a cell phone?...also i was wondering how much they cost? thank

Rimrod

I have one in .32ACP. I wish I had one in every caliber they offer. I can't tell you how accurate it is because I've never shot it for accuracy. The heavy DAO trigger pull makes it hard to try and shoot bullseye with it, but then it wasn't made for that. As long as the bullet leaves the barrel it should hit it's intended target.;)

They are compact and will fit inside a pocket. I've had mine for several years now and don't know how much they sell for, I don't even remember how much I paid for mine.

i was wondering how much yall liked them and if they are accurate...and are they really small enough to just throw in your pocket like it was a cell phone?...also i was wondering how much they cost? thank
I have the .380 version and absolutely love it. It is a is small and high quality piece.

As for accuracy, here is a link to a range report I did on mine.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246823

Below are pics of mine with it's new grips and pics of how it compares in size to a Smith J-frame.

NAAGuardian.jpg

Guardian-J.jpg

Joe the Redneck

I have the .32. I don't care fot it. Too heavy. Too much recoil.

I could never hope to duplicate that kind of grouping with mine. It shoots minute of pieplate at 6 feet in my hands.

Try it before you buy it. They ain't cheap. It will outlast you though. Tough as a bank vault. They just don't work for me.

Jason_G

If I were to get one, it'd be one of the ones with the traditional chamberings, probably the .380. I just don't see the point in necking a .380 down to a .32 or a .32 down to a .25 :confused:

Jason

Bill DeShivs

I have a .32. The .32 is a nice little gun, reasonably accurate, but very heavy. The NAA .380 is much bigger and much heavier. It's almost as large as a Keltec P11 9mm, and heavier.
I carry a Keltec P32.

The NAA .380 is much bigger and much heavier. It's almost as large as a Keltec P11 9mm, and heavier.
The NAA .380 is not really all that much bigger than the .32 version. here is a pic of it compared to the .32 Seecamp which is about the same size as the .32 Guardian.

As for it being almost as big as the KelTec P-11, I just don't think they are that close. The KelTec is lighter but a difference of 5-10 ounces in a small gun does not really amount to much when in a proper carry rig.

Add that to the fact the the NAA is a much, much, much better quality item and I thingk the NAA would win every time.

Based on my person experiences with KelTecs, I would never trust my life to one.

Guardian-Seecamp.jpg

NAA-KT.jpg

rantingredneck

I have the .32NAA version, which is the .380 bottlenecked down to .32.

It pocket carries well in the Ron Graham holster I have for it. $16.00 shipped to my front door within a week of order.

NAA%20in%20holster.JPG

It is also plenty accurate for a pocket gun with no sights to speak of.
7 yd target.

32NAA%20target.JPG

dogtown tom

Playboypenguin:
I have the .380 version and absolutely love it. It is a is small and high quality piece.

How would you compare the comfort of shooting the NAA.380 vs the KelTec P3AT?

I shot a P3AT recently and although I like it's weight & size for concealment, it is a bit difficult to hang onto.

critter44

I have one in .32 acp and absolutely love it. It is 100% reliable and quite accurate for what it is (hay, it ain't a bullseye gun). An "always" gun.

I bought it USED. It would drop the mag when fired. I sent it back. They said it was an older one and replaced over $200 worth of PARTS, did a fluf and buff, fixed the mag drop problem, sent me an extra mag ALL AT NO COSt!

Good service in anybody's book.

dogtown tom

Well, I fired the NAA Guardian .380 at the range today.

In general I like it MUCH better than the P3AT. I could shoot a box through the Guardian with no discomfort, as opposed to the P3at whose checkering wants to rub you raw after 20 rounds.

Definitely well made. Hefty, a little bit larger in the grip than the P3at, but much heavier due to steel construction.

The P3at seemed to want to squirt up and out my fist when gripped. I guess that's what you have to expect from a auto that flat in the frame.

I guess I'll have to get both :D

The Guardian seems to require a holster, while the P3at would do just fine with a Clipdraw on the waistband.

If only someone would update the Remington Model 51. :mad: I've had one since the early '70's and it's still the best .380 I've shot. Knock 3/4" off the length, use modern stainless steel, & make the thumb safety bigger.

If you've ever shot a 51 you know what I'm talking about. The Pederson designed action makes it feel like a .22- hardly any recoil compared to other .380's.

The Guardian seems to require a holster, while the P3at would do just fine with a Clipdraw on the waistband.
I had trouble finding a holster for it at first. Then I discovered that the holsters made for the small colt .380's and the PPK fit it like a glove.

ScaryWoody

I have a Guardian in .32ACP. I carry it when I can't conceal a bigger CCW. I have shot mine quite a bit at the range. In general, it is a quality built, good shooter. You won't be winning any shootin' contests with it but it does put lead on target. It is ideally suited out to about 7 yards. The sights that come on it are small to say the least.

My one complaint about shooting the pistol is that the ejected shell tends to come straight up and hit me in the forehead. Not every time but often enough.

I got mine gently used for $235. It was too good a deal to pass up.