Norinco or RIA 1911

Hawg

If you had a choice between a Norinco 1911 or a Rock Island which would you get and why? Not interested in comments about other brands.

Perldog007

RIght now at this moment I would get the Norinco. I like the chinese weapons because I had phenominal luck with the Chinese SKSs', had two that were stupid accurate.

Knew a Security Guard in the hills that bought a Norinco TOK 9mm. Let's just say that this specimen was not well cared for and ten years later it still worked fine.

More knowledge of the RIA (which aside form a few gun mag reviews I am lacking) might sway that.

Last edited:

Lurch37

I hate to be the guy that straddles the fence, but I have had both and I consider both good guns for the money. I don't have the Norinco anymore, but I recently picked up a RIA and I really like it. The Norinco has a reputation for being strong and well built. Either one would serve you well.

Richard

I like both pistols but I prefer the 'rinco. The days of picking up a 'rinco cheap are gone so I would opt for the RIA. I have about $475 in the RIA and about $600 in the 'rinco. Regards, Richard:D

RIA:
RIA-1.jpg

'rinco:
norinco2.jpg

schmeky

I have both. The Norinco is hard to beat. Add to the fact that they are not available in USA anymore, are made from 5100 series steel (difficult to machine), and are generally well fitted out of the box, makes them a great platform.

You can always get a RIA later on. I would get the Norinco.

HPIM0376.jpg

Hawg

Thanks for the replies. Guess it'll come down to whichever I can find for the best price.