Non-resident PA license

xtr

I just filled out my application for PA non resident CCW license. Do you think it matters that my drivers license and CCW have one address on them (they required copies of these), but I put a different address on the form? I mean, it
all checks out legally. I just moved out of my house when the lease ended and I am back with my parents. My CCW and my drivers license still show the old address, but my parents address is my new mailing address. I don't know what the Sheriff would make mismatching information. My licenses will be updated soon anyways, but I just don't want to raise suspicion.

22-rimfire

It's good if things match up. I use the address on my driver's license until I have the driver's license changed for most everything. In your case, it is good to be truthful.

xtr

yeah, I didn't want any info or licenses to get mailed to my old house. Plus I didn't want my new license to have an old address. I am kind of in a transitional phase since I moved only 4 days ago. Both addresses should appear if he runs my social. I just hope it doesn't raise a red flag.

HKuser

If you're doing it in Centre Co., the turnaround is pretty fast. You should know in a week. Also, you can always call and ask if it's problem in order to avoid delays.

xtr

It actually was Centre Co.

Yeah, maybe emailing them and notifying them that I listed my mailing address instead of my legal address? I am most likely just overthinking this.

Night Watch

Centre County shouldn't be a problem. Don't email anything more; instead, wait for them to contact you. Sooner or later you're going to have to update ALL of your licenses anyway. ;)

xtr

ok, ill take that advice. Yeah, this week has been crazy and it is going to take some time to get everything up to date. Thanks for the help.

Night Watch

:eek: Wow, it's rare for someone to say thank you on the internet.

You have a legal obligation to keep your license addresses up-to-date; however, until you actually have a license the requirement doesn't apply.

Right now you're being investigated. Wait for the investigation to either produce questions or be completed. THEN you'll have both the opportunity as well as the responsibility to revise any address information that may be applicable to your new circumstances.

The important thing is that the information is there; and, you haven't lied. ;)