Non-Pistol Grip pistol grip?

Destructo6

I saw one of these bizare pistol grip replacements at the Big A gun show. It was a very strange looking, but surprisingly comfortable contoured and stippled piece of wood that would make your CA "assault rifle" a non assault rifle.

Your thumb rides close to the receiver (thumbholes are taboo also), pointing toward the muzzle and the remaining fingers wrap around a contoured bulge that barely protrudes below the receiver (no more than 1-1.5 inches).

I can just see the anti defense crowd howling, "we didn't want you to comply with the law,we wanted the guns gone!"

Rich I

I saw that thing too. It looked like a big piece of beef jerky or something a big dog would leave after eating a lot of beef jerky. I tried going to the company's website : guncompliantstocks.com but it doesn't seem to exist. What was the price? Did you buy one? I don't know if I'd put something like that on my AR's but then again, who knows how I'll feel once 1/1/2000 rolls around.

Later,
Rich

Destructo6

Looks like they cost about $90.

That url worked for me, here's the link: http://www.guncompliantstocks.com/

And here's an image (hope its not too large):
gun1.jpg

bruels

It was just a matter of time before something like this would come up. Be patient. I'm sure there will be other ideas to get around SB-23 to come along.

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
I'm looking at the thing, trying to figure out how it works, and I just can't see it. Help me out here. :)

------------------
"America needs additional gun laws like a giraffe needs snow tires."
--Rabbi Mermelstein, JPFO

bullseye

I just don't understand why the anti-gunners are making hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens in CA(that have and use our guns for legal purposes) pay the price for just a few crazed gunmen. Pistol grip/no pistol grip; if a crazie wants to use an ar to carry out his carnage, what difference is the grip going to make, and does he care anyway? By the way Gov't. statistics show that less than 2% of guns recovered in crimes are assault weapons. 22,000 laws on the books now don't stop these people, how will another one help. This is a social problem and it goes a lot deeper than guns.

Snapsho7

I bought an AR15/M16 clone from Armalite because after using a similar rifle in the Marines for over 11 years I wanted to own one.

I bought the rifle because of the way it looks and handles..AND I'LL BE DAMNED IF I'M GOING TO CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Destructo6

How do you like your Armalite? I have an Eagle/Armalite myself.

My point was the lengths we'll go to to stay out of the anti-gun drag net.

arthur

gentlemen,i am going to wait a while before i spend my money on something that may or may not make any difference at all. i do not believe the d.o.j.has made any interpretations of sb23 yet.i think that the sb23 authors made sb23 pretty tight.i hope that i am wrong,-but-i believe that the authors thought about this long and hard.once again,i hope that i am wrong but i believe we have 3 options-1,register-2,do not register or-3 move your stuff out of state.also,i believe we have 1 year 3 months to figure our next move.--thanks ---arthur

bergie

My question is, has this thing actually been approved by any of the gov. entities that are responsible for creating the need for things like this? I don't know about any of the state rulings, but the ATF ruled that a pistol grip is an "integral" part of the design of the AR. With such a ruling, it doesn't matter whether the gun actually has a pistol grip or not, according to them, it does even if it doesn't. I think destructo's last line of his first post had it nailed.
B