Non Dealer Sales to California

ZeroJunk

I sell a few guns on Gunbroker but I'm not a dealer. I have never made any exceptions for any state. If somebody in Ca. happens to be the high bidder on a pistol for instance and provides a verifiable transfer agent to ship it to, would I be safe to assume that the FFL there will let me know if the weapon is a problem with California law. Or, is there a website I can go to and check it myself? Or, since I am not in this to make a profit, just make some money to buy something new, would I be better off to avoid the hassle?

Sarge

Maybe six years ago I sold a 1911 to a retired cop buddy in CA; FFL to FFL. We made sure the particular gun was on the 'OK' list. Easy, right?

Not. It turned into an epic circle-jerk. I will never, ever do CA transaction again.

UniversalFrost

it is actually easier for a non-ffl to sell and transfer a firearm to an FFL in californina than for an out of state ffl to sell/transfer the iterm to a cali FFL.

I went through this last year with a tikka t3 i sold to a guy in cali. I had to actually have the cali AG call the dealer to tell them it was ok (even after I sent them the link to the cali AG webiste that said non-ffl's don't need the stupid paperwork that california requires for out of state dealers).

JOE