Noisy holster.

joe sixgun

I prefer to carry my EDC in a leather holster OWB at about 2:30. Can anyone tell me how to stop the leather squeak from my belt and holster? This is the only comfortable rig I have been able to find so far. I know there are a million more out there.

Model12Win

Don't use mink oil.

Get you a can of neutral shoe polish from the store and work some of that into the belt loops on the holster where the belt goes through. That shoe polish on there will help a lot with the squeak. Also as time goes by that squeak should go away completely. This will not soften up or screw up your holster in any way. :)

pnac

Baby powder on the rub areas, use q-tips to get into tight area. Like the man says, it'll eventually break in and stop squeaking.

g.willikers

Turn the volume up on your radio.
Seems to work for squeaks and rattles in my truck.
But seriously, try the stuff folks use on their baseball gloves and to take the squeaks out of horse riding gear - saddle soap.

DaleA

Hmmm...always used neatsfoot oil on my baseball glove but I've become so gun literate by reading the posts on this site that I can tell there is a difference between a baseball glove and a holster...

Take the advice above. Don't take any of my advice about holsters. I hate holsters and they hate me and I'm nervous because a quick look in my gun odds and ends box reveals they've got me outnumbered by a huge amount.

Seriously, I really think holsters are incredibly frustrating.

T. O'Heir

The stuff folks use on their baseball gloves is resin/pine tar. Isn't for shutting it up. It's to make the glove sticky. snicker.
Leather squeaks because it's stiff, dry and it's rubbing together. Doesn't quite fit right either. Saddle soap, mink oil, baby/talcum powder, corn starch and even olive oil will soften a tick and lube it.

pax

No oil. As others have said, it softens the leather.

I've always found a little sprinkle of talcum powder works well. The usual squeak point is between holster & belt, so apply it lightly to the belt before putting the holster on.

pax

Sarge

Spray silicone is an excellent solution for squeaks and 'too tight when new' leather holsters. I believe you'll find a good number of reputable holster makers who recommend it or approve its use.