No shooting allowed now in Arizona National Forest

skeeter

Because some idiot shot a 50cal with AP ammo and started a forest fire shooting in any National Forest in Arizona is not allowed now. There are signs all over but I was wondering what law it actually breaks. I will respect this request but still wonder about the legality and what fines, etc they can impose?

rick_reno

Isn't this just in the Prescott National Forest? Fines are $5000 and imprisonment of not more than 6 months, or both.

For current information on fire restrictions, closures or wildfires on the Prescott National Forest, call 928-777-5799.

For further information about fire restrictions on public lands in Arizona and New Mexico, call toll free 1-877-864-6985 or visit http://gacc.nifc.gov/swcc/.

The list of activities not allowed includes -

Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal or wood stove. The use of pressurized liquid or gas stoves, lanterns and heaters meeting safety specifications are allowed.
Smoking, except within enclosed vehicles or buildings.
Use of explosives.
Operating a chainsaw.
Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame.
Possessing or using any motorized vehicle on Forest Service OHV trails, including Hayfield Draw, Sheridan Mountain/Smith Mesa, and Alto Pit OHV areas.
Possessing, discharging or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device.
Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun.
Dispersed Camping is prohibited on all Forest Service land with the Bradshaw Ranger.

Harley Quinn

I wonder if this is just the start

I believe they will, stop all kinds of hunting and shooting since they are afraid this will be a year of reprisal against the illegal immigrants.

Want to wait until the elections and not to much collateral damage.
See if the people are behind them or not.
The legal people will not be a problem, it will be the illegals on both sides of the issue.

HQ:(

Harley Quinn

State parks are different than Forest's

At least that is what I am familiar with in my years of doing this stuff.
better have tags and be there with the right one at the right time.

HQ

Stiofan

Parks and forests are different. Firearms are legal (as well as hunting) in most national forests and BLM lands, unless otherwise prohibited, as in this case.