No real purpose, just like this picture

jar

Here's my SiG 230 with my new Dress Tactical knife from Terry Primos.

standard.jpg

jar

The pen is one of my Mont Blanc 146's. :barf:

Looks good but junk. Of all my pens, and I have more pens then knives or guns, the Mont Blancs are by far the least desireable. They are grossly over priced and no where near as well made or reliable as those from Parker, Waterman, Sheaffer, Pilot...

As long as I can get them for under $75.00, they're okay. But I sure can't imagine paying more. Fortunately there have been lot's of folk who did.:):D

Marko Kloos

Very nice. Now if you'd only take that sticky black stuff off the gun and put some real wood grips on there, you'd be in business. :)

Snowdog

Nice set up. ;)

Personally, I couldn't imagine myself carrying a nonfolding knife.
I've carried liner-lock knives for years, such as the Benchmade full-size Stryker I've been toting around now for 3 or more years.
With the nifty thumb disk, it can be opened one-handed as fast as any switchblade (with some initial practive, of course). With it's belt clip, it can be safely carried inside the pants with the clip being concealed under belt, though easy and rapid presentation is still very much possible.

I often wondered why some choose to pass on folders. I'm sure there's a reason, it just happens to elude me.

ronin308

Snowdog- I am currently looking for a fixed blade to carry. The reason is because folders simply are not as strong. One of my friends just got a Busse Killer Bee that I'm jealous of! The small fixed blades are not hard to carry at all either.

geegee

Nice set up. Do you think anyone (besides the members who post here) would have a clue what a "Dress Tactical Knife" is?:D Man, we come up with some great ensemble names.

And as a pen admirer, you may appreciate this story; I was traveling about three weeks ago and found a Waterman pen in the plane seat-back in front of me. I called the airline lost & found department to let them know I found a nice pen, and the owner (if they called in looking for it) could call me for ID purposes. So far, no calls. I figured it was a nice enough pen that it may have been a gift from someone. Pretty soon it'll go in my briefcase. ;) geegee

Marko Kloos

Snowdog- I am currently looking for a fixed blade to carry. The reason is because folders simply are not as strong.

Try a Chris Reeve Sebenza. When that thing is locked open, it turns into a fixed-blade knife, as far as strength is concerned.

Kentucky Rifle

Lendringser...

That pretty much sums up my Sebenza. At first I thought Sebenza's were too expensive for what you get. I changed my mind on that one after the first 5 minutes of ownership. Talk about rock solid lock-up! I'm really happy with my Sebenza. It clips to the same pocket my back-up pistol rides in.

KR

FO6

Accessories for a gentleman! Yawn on the knife?! Terry's handforged knives are beautiful work - I love his temper lines, too. That's like saying a custom .45 is boring...

Erik

Great knife. Clean lines and lovely wood. How do you prefer carrying it?

I'm disappojnted in my Mont Blancs as well. Any alternatives within the same price point?

jar

Mike

See if you like this knife better ;)

standard.jpg

Erik

In a custom leather sheath, weak side.

To find a reasonable alternative to the Mont Blancs right now I'd recommend the following. Now a lot of these will cost a lot less than a Mont Blanc, but the quality and performance will be much higher.

Vintage Pens (usually available for $25.00-$75.00)

Parker 51.
Parker 61
Sheaffer Balance
Sheaffer Targa
Parker 75

New Moderately Priced

Pilot (Namaki) retractable
Pelikan 400, 600
Sheaffer New Balance

New Premium Priced

Sheaffer Classic (the PFM in pc Talk)
Waterman LeMan (maybe the finest pen ever made)
Waterman Edson
Pelican 800, 1000

Of these, the vintage ones will actually write the best.

Tat2Guy

Favorite Pen

I have carried a Fisher "Bullet" Space Pen for about 5 years - the best pen I have ever owned. $20 and it will write in any position, never dries out, never leaks, writes underwater, fits great in any pocket, and hey, they took them to outer space, so they have to be pretty good :)

Attachments

• 400.jpg
    400.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 69

harrydog

I concur that the Sebenza has a very strong lockup. In a larger folder, it is impossible to beat a Strider AR or GB.
Tremendously strong knives.

Sundance

I carry a $3 Zebra pen and a $50 Cold Steel Voyager knife but enough about pens and knives already. This is a gun forum...let's keep on topic.