No name revolver ??? Anybody?

gyvel

Yes, it appears to be a butchered Smith & Wesson .38 Single Action Second Model (Model 2 2nd Issue).

Calibre is .38 S&W.

Barrel has been chopped, it has been reblued and the grips are homemade.

James K

Member In Memoriam
As a shooting gun, it might bring $100 or so. It has no collector value. In an auction, with hints that it might have belonged to Billy the Kid or General Patton or James Bond, who knows what it could bring?

Jim

gyvel

As a shooting gun, it might bring $100 or so.

Thank God for the American public*; I see that it is already bid up to $151.00.

(*Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.)

bedbugbilly

Geeeze . . . .

Maybe I should bid on that so I could hang it up on the wall next to the sword I have that Teddy Roosevelt carried up San Juan Hill? You know . . . the sword hanging on my wall directly over the pile of "road apples" attributed to General Sherman's horse? :D

It never ceases to amaze me what some folks will pay for "stuff". :eek::rolleyes:

James K

Member In Memoriam
I once heard a joker offer for sale the M1 carbine that U.S. Grant carried at Gettysburg. Incredibly, a couple of youngsters seemed to be seriously interested.

Jim

Welll... I'm one that collects these poor guns... I guess if they were done long ago, I look at them as earliest of custom guns, modifying them for specific CCW use...

it's at about what I'd want to pay... but it looks like there are a few differences...

the gun at auction...

to me, the grip frame appears longer, & more square & it appears to be at a different angle ( at least I think... need to get these 3 up where I can look at them :eek: )... compared to one of my #2's also pictured, with a J frame grip installed as I bought it... if the cover plate screws weren't the same, I'd suspect a spanish or other copy...

I'm betting if modified, it was done for a detective, a prostitute, or a gambler... but there appear to be actually quite a few thus modified... I'm doubting for anyone famous...:rolleyes:

attachment.php

attachment.php

another #2 in stock form...

attachment.php

one of my other old customs, similar... a 32 S&W #1.5

attachment.php

Attachments

• un-named gun.jpg
    un-named gun.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 293
Last edited: