no lock 642

rodney1968

just got a no lock 642 at the gun show in hickory NC the vendor only had 1 so I got him down to 420.00 out the door pretty good I think.so heres my problem another vendor saw the blue smith and wesson box and asked what I was selling and I told him I had just bought it,he had 3 of them for sale also
then he asked if I had any ammo for it and of course I said yes. then he tells me that I have to shoot the short barrel ammo in it or I will have to send it back to be repaired is that right his short barrel ammo was awful expensive I think he is crazy whats the truth? I had a model 637 and shot regular .38 with no problem

RsqVet

PURE BS

I'd do no deals with that liar.

The short barrel ammo is optimized for perform out of short barrels BUT any 38 ammo will work and the gun will NOT break.

John Moses

Dear Lord,

What a pathetic liar he is.

How stupid he is to tell such a blatant lie at a gun show. There are often incredibly smart, well informed people there.

Enjoy your gun and spread the word about this jerk.

rodney1968

I thought it was a good price ,I will try and get out thursday during the day when the deer hunters are not around and give it a go

fastbolt

I just picked up one of the new production 642-1's S&W assembled from older parts stock (but which were serial numbered when assembled, so they have the new numbering). I picked it up to supplement my original 642-1, which is my personal favorite J-frame for an off-duty weapon.

Although I've used a wide range of various .38 SPL standard pressure and +P loads over the years in many various J-frames, in recent years I've mostly used either the Remington 158gr LHP +P or the Speer 135gr GD +P in my +P capable J-frames. Felt recoil commonly feels heavier with those loads than some of the other loads I've used for training and occasional carry, but they shoot controllably & accurately enough in my +P capable J-frames, in my hands, to be my commonly used loads.

I started carrying the Speer 135gr GD +P after seeing it used in a hosted gel demo event one afternoon, fired out of one of the guy's Scandium Airlites into the common 4-layer denim covered gel tests.

Sounds like you got a good deal, BTW. I paid $410-plus tax & transfer for mine. (I saw another one in a regular gun store out here for $445 - plus.) FWIW, I could've bought a NIB 642-2 from the same dealer, but I really wanted a spare 642-1 ... ;)

Kreyzhorse

That dude was totally full of it. What a crock of BS he was selling.

Anyway, that seems like a great price on that S&W 642. Hope you enjoy it.