No joy for ammo buyers at Central Ohio Shows

Pyzon

When cruising the Newark and Circleville OH little shows this past weekend, it was slim pickins for ammo. BUT....a couple sellers had 1000 round cases of PMC Bronze .223 for $800-1000. I asked what they would pay to buy some PMC 5.56 and got a quote of "maybe $300."

Yeah.

btmj

Wow... the last time I bought 500 rounds of Lake City XM193 I paid $180 including shipping costs, and I didn't think it was that good of a deal... it was just convenient and I needed them.

Guess we won't be seeing $0.25 per shot 223 for a while... Honestly I would be happy to pay up to $.99 per shot if I could just find some.

Glenn E. Meyer

I found two boxes of Federal 115 gr 9mm at WalMart today. Found the clerk for the gun case and she said - Oh, no. Her boss was hoping nobody came in and tried to grab them. hahaha!

$13.95 for 50. They also had WWB 100 round 45 ACP for 40 bucks but you could one buy one 100 round box or 2 50s and I needed the 9.

Might stop by for the 45 tomorrow.

Back in September, I bought a case (1,000 rds) of PMC 5.56mm M885 LAP for $319. Just watched an identical case of it sell on Gunbroker for $1,525.00! :eek:

Since the world didn't end last month, I'm seriously considering selling the PMC, since I've got 1,000 cases, primers, SS-109 bullets, and 8# of Varget sitting in my basement! :p:p:p

StukaJU87

I wonder just how many of the "high" bids on Gunbroker are legit. You hear stories of people on eBay using a "dummy" account to run up the bid amounts on their auctions. Doesn't seem too far fetched to think someone would use the same tactics on a different auction site.

Plus I've personally seen where someone won an auction with no reserve, only to see the same exact item reposted the next day by the same seller. Now I admit I don't know if the item was reposted because the deal fell through or if there really wasn't a winner, but seeing items reposted like that does make me wonder sometimes, especially after hearing stories about eBay.