> We have nothing to lose.
> NO GAS...On May 15th 2007
>
> Don't pump gas on May 15th...in April 1997, there was a "gas out"
> conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30
> cents a gallon overnight.
>
> On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in
> protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.
>
> There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network,
> and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.
>
> If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
> $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies
> pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May
> 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at
> least one day.
>
> If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your
> contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

Doug.38PR

:rolleyes:
The cost of living is up all across the board. Why should we expect Oil & Gas to be any different?

If the price was truly too high, people wouldn't be buying gas at the pump at all, the would walk or seek other means. Do you think anybody would be willing to pay $100 per gallon? No. The market determines the price of gas, not eeeeeeevil oil companies.
It's called a free market system.

Musketeer

The US Dollar is in the trash can because the government is spending like a bunch of drunken sailors on 24 hour leave. Oil is traded in dollars so the price has to go up. It sucks but is to be expected.

mikejonestkd

I am all for it!!!!!

Lets see, I'll either buy the same amount of gas I normally would on the 14th or the 16th....That'll show those oil companies...:rolleyes:

But I'll be dammed if I am going to buy it on the 15th.....:D

50 shooter

This is the stupidest thing to ever hit the internet, I'm sure the oil companies all laugh.

If you want to hit them here's a better idea, have everyone stop buying gas, oil... from say Exxon. If they stopped buying gas from them, how long do you think it would take them to go under? And when I say nothing, that's means anything they sell no matter how low they price it.

No matter what they say, gas prices are a scam that's being played out on America.

divemedic

Since local retailers buy their gas from the wholesaler each week, this will do exactly nothing.

As far as the price of gas, think about these facts:

1 The EPA requires companies to put expensive pollution contol additives in gasoline each summer. This has the effect of increasing prices in the summer.

2 About 44 cents of each gallon of gasoline is tax.

3 Thanks to environmentalists and the "not in my back yard" crowd, no new refineries have been built in decades. Same supply, more demand= higher prices.

4 Developing countries like China and India are buying up a lot more oil than in years past, thus increasing demand.

5 A weakening dollar is also causing prices to rise.

Note that reasons 1,2,3, and 5 are wholly the fault of poor fiscal policy on the part of our government.

whip1

Explain to me how this will help? Everyone will just buy gas on the 14th and the 16th, doubling sales for those days, and offseting the lose of the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.