No 158 Gr. 38 Spl Loads

beenthere

I was looking through the Remington and Winchester ammo pages and didn't find any 158 Grain loads. Are they going to 125 grain accross the board because of the cost of lead? Some other reason? I've always been partial to heavier bullets and it looks like I'll have to reload everything.

Doug.38PR

beenthere

You're right

That's definitely NOT the page I was looking at. I've always considered the 140 Gr. the lightest (for Me) and was bothered. Thanks

skeeter1

If you decide to roll your own...

I can certainly recommend this guy:

z56panhead@bellsouth.net

as a great source for cheap brass. I've dealt with him a couple of times. 250 nickle-brass cases, cleaned, for six bucks, and shipped johnny-on-the-spot.

Load your own. It's a great way to while away the evening instead of watching the summer reruns on TV.;)

fairview mick

To BEENTHERE:re 158 grain bullets

Check this web site. It's in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I've used them for over a year. High quality. They load for Cleveland Police Dept. I use their 158 grain JHP all the time.
www.nationalbullet.com.
Mickey

nagib otayek

In A Rifle

I have done some experimenting concerning the 158 SWCFP. Definitely the heavier bullets are more precise. That goes also for the .45 ACP.
I hunt with a 38 spl. Rossi lever action 3.4 grns Bullseye and 158 SWCFP, small deer, capibaras up to 80 Kilos weight. On paper targets, this load up to 20 meters, from a rest has consistently shot one hole groups. I don't know in revolvers which I consider for short range use (no more than 15 feet).