NJ gun transport laws?

MagicMan

Does anyone know what the laws in NJ are for transporting firearms?

Do I need to get a seperate permit to transport my gun to & from the range or anything?

jkkimberfan

NJ laws

No permit needed to transport a handgun or long arm to or from the range. Gun must be unloaded and in a locked case in the trunk or out of range from driver. Ammo in separate container. No stops outside regular travel from point A to point B.

velocette

No stops means no stops.
Further, in the peoples republik of new jersikstan, the gun laws are whatever the cop and the local persecuter think they might be. This runs from a fellow firearms enthusiast to civilians have no need of firearms. You may ultimately be aquitted of any wrong doing, but you will spend some time in jail and a lot of money on lawyers and may never see your firearms again.
I fled NJ 8 years ago and have not looked back. It's worse there now than when I left, and it was bad when I left.

Roger
Ft. Lauderdale in the Gunshine state.

Dewhitewolf

PA's laws are a little friendlier.

For specific information on New Jersey, visit www.evannappen.com. He's an attorney who specializes in NJ firearms law.

The way I currently understand it, a resident must carry the NJ-issued Firearms ID card to transport firearms to and from the range. This proves that you are legally allowed to be in possession.

While I do not know if it's a requirement, it's a good idea to bring your copy of your handgun purchase permit.

As velocette says, however, the laws are what the local badge head says they are. If the local police decide to make up laws as they go along, there is NO accountability on their part.

bobfxd

I have lived in NJ all my life.I shoot nearly every weekend at 2 different ranges.I have never heard of no stops between A and B,not that it isn't true ,just news to me.