Nikon BDC ?

rebs

I am not sure this is posted in the right forum, ?
I have a Remington 541 custom sporter with a Nikon rimfire BDC 150 scope. I want to shoot 200 yd bench rest matches at our club. The Nikon spoton program does not go to 200 yds, so how can I figure out how I need to set my scope for the 200 yd range ? Guys without the BDC shim the rear scope mount, would I need to shim mine and should the BDC work ?
My Nikon rimfire scope is marked 1 click = 1/4" @ 50 yds, what would 1 click be at 100 yds ?

Last edited:

cosh

That's what I use with my BDC too. It is an angular adjustment and proportional to the distance. 1/4 @ 50 is 1/2 @ 100, and 1 inch @ 200 and so on....

globemaster3

Interesting. Which rimfire BDC 150 do you have? There is a P Rimfire listed which is 2-7 with the BDC 150 reticle, and a couple Prostaff models in the 3-9 and 4-12 range. I ran Spot On with all of them and a generic Remington .22LR offering in 36 grains at 1500 fps and had no problem finding a 200 yard hold over.

pete2

A little trial and error at the range should work. One of the hold over points should work at higher magnification. otherwise a base with some elevation built in. At 200 you need more elevation than a standard scope has.

rebs

I want to use either CCI mini mag 40 grain bullet at 1235 fps or Federal auto match target at 1200 fps.