Nightforce SHV MOAR Chart on line

Wendyj

This probably isn't right forum but I've got a Nightforce SHV 4/14/56 mounted on Remington 700. 7 mm mag. 26 inch barrel. MOAR Reticle. Everything I go to on Nightforce web site when I put in bc and velocity only suggests a reticle. Trying to input fps and bc and bullet to get a good guess and that's all just a guess of what yardage each mark is. My hand loads are around 2800 fps using 140 and 150 grain Nosler ballistic tips. Zeroed in dead on at 100 yards. Any idea of site to check this out. I can calculate drop in inches of bullet. Can't figure what each hash mark indicates in yardage. Going to 800 ft range tomorrow. Hate to feel stupid.

Palmetto-Pride

Wendy I know you asked this question a while ago, but I wanted to take a moment to address it better late than never:) First since every scope in the SHV line has a reticle in the second focal plane your reticle subtensions will change as you change the magnification level up or down (another words what yards the second line may represent at say the lowest setting will not represent the same yards at the highest power or anywhere else in between) You have to have a scope with the reticle located in the FFP (first focal plane) for it to remain constant no matter what power range you have the scope set on. There are so many factors that are going to determine what yardage each line will represent, but if you have a iphone or a ipad there is a app called "Mil-Dot Ballistics" that you can put all your parameters into and it will actually show you your reticle and what yardages each line represents. The key to it being accurate is you imputing all the info into it as precisely as possible. I will add a link to it below good luck and hope this helps.

http://www.rangetimesoftware.com/index.php/apps/mil-dot-ballistics-4-5

Wendyj

I appreciate the reply. Owners manual shows it has to be on max power for reticles to be consistent.

taylorce1

If you put Strelok+ on your smartphone or tablet it'll show you the yardage figures for your reticle subtensions on any power setting. The question is has he added your particular scope. I don't own Strelok+ and my version only had the 3-15 power version of your scope and reticle.

I made a conversion calculator in Microsoft Excel that will give you reticle subtensions at any magnification. You input your scopes min and max magnification, then input your selected magnification. You can also choose MOA or MIL measurements...

Thought about having a android and iPhone app made for it... Sounds like I need to look at this Strelok+ app to see if mine offers anything different/better...

603Country

I have iStrelok on my iPad. Maybe it's an older or cheaper version on Strelok+. Anyway, I like it very much. Input your data and it'll show you pretty much any reticle you want to use or think about using, and will show yardages in FFP and SFP scopes for their reticle markings. I actually used that app to pick the reticle I had Leupold install in a couple of scopes.

Palmetto-Pride

I appreciate the reply. Owners manual shows it has to be on max power for reticles to be consistent.

I don't really understand why it wouldn't be consistent if you had the zoom power on exactly the same spot, but probably doesn't matter because if your shooting long range you will probably have it at max power anyway.

Wendyj

Finally found load that I like. At zero of 100 I have figured out out to 500. Now to change zero to 200. Don't mind it being at 14 power to figure out. Old eyes can barely see quarter size targets at 100 if not full power. Wish I had bought 6-20 but that's for another day.