Nightforce, IOR, or Zeiss Scopes for .308?

Bosshoff

I am looking to get some glass to put atop of my .308. I have a model similar to a 700PSS. I am assembling a rifle for hunting & casual shooting. I will be using a one piece base with overbuilt rings like a badger ordinance product. I am having an all-steel trigger guard installed as well.
I am pretty serious about optics, and this is where my question comes in. I am looking at three different scopes. I am looking at the Nightforce 5.5-22 X 50mm. I am also looking at the IOR 6-24 X 50mm Tactical. Lastly, I am looking at the Zeiss Diavari 6-24 X 56Tmm. Who has used these scopes, and what do you think? I have started to look for some web sites which may have a review of the above scopes. If you know of such a site, please post it. Thanks.

Jamie Young

A couple questions:

Is this a hunting rifle or a sniper/long range shooting rifle?

I'd stick with a lower powered 3-9x40 scope for most 308 rifles but I recently picked up a 6.5x20x50 Zeiss for my Winchester Model 70-30/06 since I do a lot of longer range shooting.

carebear

Not to add to your dilemma but have you considered or even heard of Shepherd Scopes ? They are everything advertised as far as a quality range-finding scope goes. Very intuitive design. My old unit boat locker coworker (and USMC sniper) let me play with his and I was sold.

My .02