Night sites vs Red Ramp on 340PD

DTown24

I have the 340PD and am considering taking off the red ramp front site and putting on a Hi Viz front night site. Can anyone explain the pros and cons to both of these options other than the Hi Viz being more visible at night? I pocket carry this gun most of the time. Thanks!!!

goosevr1

I'm thinking about getting a 340PD for pocket carry as well. How do you like yours? I keep hearing that it pains people to think about shooting full-house .357's in it. What ammo do you carry in it?

DTown24

I love my 340PD - it is an awesome little gun. Drop it in your pocket and you will hardly know that it is there. I carry the new Speer 135gr Gold Dot +p load. This round was specifically designed for these snubbies. I would not shoot 357's (not yet anyways) because that would probably have lots and lots of recoil. But I think that this new Speer round is more than you need. The results are very good. Good luck!

racer

340 pd

i have one,its great for a carry gun.full house 357 loads are painfull.if you change the grip to the houge extra finger you can control it alot better.it bruised my hand after 6 rounds.i now heep the 38 personal defense hydro shock rounds as a carry.there more than enough for me

Jim PHL

I handled a 340 for the first time yesterday and could not believe the weight. Can I ask what you guys paid? The one I was checking out was NIB and was tagged at $639

skt666

Dtown,

the hi viz is not a night site, rather a light gathering sight, from what i have read it is NOT visable in the dark. if im wrong someone tell me and i'll buy one tomorrow. i have been looking for a night sight for my 342 and all i can find is the big dots. any ideas?

Nanuk

I have a 360PD with the HIVIZ sight. I LIKE IT. Its no night sight but that beast with magnums you don't need night sights, the first shot lights it up nicely. :eek: I carry 145 STHP or 125 GDHP

wayneinFL

"I'm thinking about getting a 340PD for pocket carry as well. How do you like yours? I keep hearing that it pains people to think about shooting full-house .357's in it. What ammo do you carry in it?"

When I first bought my 340pd I put 20 rounds of S&B 357 mag 158 gr. through it. Tried to finish the box, and couldn't do it.

I've never felt the need to put 357's in it since.

I carry 125 gr. JHP +P's in mine, and figure on fast follow up shots.

No, fiber-optic sights gather light. I have one on mine and you can't see it in the dark.

Tru-glo has come out with a fiber-optic night sight, but I haven't seen one yet. I have sights for my Glock 20 on backorder.

snacktrack

hi viz, not really hi viz

I have a 340PD with the Hi-viz sight. I like the sight, but it really doesnt make a difference in the dark. Its a light gathering sight, but that's just it, it needs light to gather. I would just leave the sights you have on there and pony up for something that CAN work in the dark.

Thats why I strapped on some Crimson Trace laser grips. If any of you are contemplating getting them DONT get the smaller all plastic lg-205 ones. I got them first cause I wanted to keep the gun as small as possible, but I got them and they felt like crap in my hands, and returned them right away and got the rubberized grip ones (lg-305)

I shot some ridiculously tight groups when I got the hang of my laser grips. The only way to go for concealed carry. Here she is ;)

attachment.php