Night sights on Ruger P-series?

shermdo

My CCW handgun is a Ruger P-90. I'm considering adding night sights. Would like to hear from anyone who has added night sights to a Ruger P-series auto. What brand of sights? Did you install yourself or send the slide in? How are the results? etc. Thank you in advance.

Acujeff

There are many excellent sights on the market for target and long distance shooting. They narrow your vision for long distance accuracy - if you have the time, opportunity and clear field. In other words, they are great for the 50 yard range.

But in defense shooting the space is closer, the time is shorter, the adrenaline is rushing into your bloodstream and tunnel vision is kicking in, and you may have to deal with the distractions of one or more BGs, bystanders and your environment (field) for a clear and safe shot.

The AO Big Dot Sights allow you to place the front sight on the target quicker than other sights. Also, the rear sight opens up your vision better than any other sight I've seen.

For self protection you want to keep it simple and practical. The AO Big Dot Tritiums are a real advantage for concealed carry and shooting. I use them on all my carry guns including my Ruger P-95.

See them at http://www.aosights.com