Night Sights for Glock

bjones870

I have a few friends that have Trijicon night sights, and they LOVE them. I was looking at getting the newer HD night sights for my XDM. Bottom line, its hard to go wrong with ANYTHING Trijicon. I'd say go for it, that's link you posted has a good price too. I love optics planet.

Mrgunsngear

I have meprolights on a couple of my glocks and they work great and the price is tough to beat. Another good option is the XS big dots. I was initially against them but after using them on the range I found they made for extremely quick sight acquisition. I've since put them on a couple of my guns and like them a lot.

ClydeFrog

Make your Glock rock; 3 dot night sights, Trijicon...

+1 for the new "Hi-Def" type Glock Trijicon sights.
I was looking at adding them or a Novak style when I get my new M&P 9mmNATO later on.
Many LE & military units buy or issue Trijicon sights.
There are a few other styles that have merit like Metrosight or XS big dot night sights but I'd avoid the fiber optic brands.
They seem weak and could fail or break in a low light, high stress lethal force event.
As for custom Glock work or add-ons, see:
www.glockbooks.com www.customizeyourglock.com www.glockstore.com

Stay safe & have fun:
CF

7jinxed7

I haven't seen Trijicon's in person but I had a set of Meprolite's on my g23. They were even brighter than i expected but after about i guess 6 years they were fading to about 50% brightness. It was to the point were i had to look for them in the dark so they weren't much help anymore. Theirs no telling how long they sat on the shelf though. The Trijicon's appear to have a white ring around them were the Mepro's had a dull grey ring making it difficult for me to focus on when shooting in the daytime. I've talked to a few people that claim the Mepro's are brighter than the Trijicon's.

I would like to try the Trijicon HD's or the XS big dot next time around on my carry M&P9c. My vision is going downhill and I need something easier to focus on.

AK103K

Ive had guns with both Trijicons and Meprolights. These days I mostly use Meprolights when I replace things, since they are what Ive been using for quite awhile now. When Glock was still offering them, I just used the factory Glock night sights. Not sure who makes them for Glock, but they are pretty much indistinguishable from the Mepros Ive added later.

The Trijicons I had experience with were mostly older sights that were fading quick, and being replaced. They are also the main reason (that and price) I went with the Meprolights. At the time, the Trijicons seemed to have a smaller vial, and they lacked the white ring around the vial that the Mepros have for daylight use. The new Trijicons at the time seemed to be dimmer when new, than the Mepros too, but vial size may also have had something to do with that.

The last couple of "current" Trijicons Ive seen, seem to have corrected the vial and white ring problems, so I dont know if one is really better than the other now. Id probably go with the one that had the longest warranty and cheapest price.

For longevity and brightness, your best bet are the all green sights. The other colors arent as bright or as long lived. The needing different colors thing to keep from mixing up front from rear is BS. You actually have to work at getting them wrong, and when you do, its instantly noticeable.

If you have a couple of Glocks, or are planning on acquiring more, a sight tool is worth the $100 bucks or so they get for them. They also allow you to easily adjust the rear sight. Changing the sights is easy, and you can usually pick them up off the web for a decent price, especially when someone has them on sale. If youre replacing older sets, you can recover some of the money by selling them on EBay. I was getting about half of what a new set was going for for the old ones ($35-40), which basically paid for my SIG tool.