night sight(s) question

critter44

I am not a LEO but am a CCW holder. I carry a Kimber compact ss. It does not have night sights on it-YET. I own another gun with night sights on both front and rear and can shoot it with surprising precision in very low light. However, in a self defense situation, the action is likely to be quick and close. What do you think about the wisdom of having a night sight on only the front sight? Seems that would be quite adequate as great precision is not needed. Just follow the typical admonitions: Front sight-press-repeat as needed. Opinions welcome from both camps.

PJ11B3VF7

I agree whole heartedly. IMHO the front sight only can prevent confusion and will allow you to focus better during those limited visibility conditions where night sights are best used.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the flashlight.

P

PreserveFreedom

In a true self defense scenerio, most of us will never even see our sights. Chances are, it will happen so fast that you'll draw, point (not aim), and shoot from about belly level to belly level. That's what I think anyway. If you have enough time to aim, I think you have enough time to line up all three glow-in-the-dark dots properly. Again, it's just what I think. I hope that I never have to find this out first hand.