Nichols scope? Anyone have any knowledge?

buymore

I won a scope on Ebay that is a Nichols 4x40 WA scope #C40004 From the photos, it looks like a very solid old school scope. It almost looks like it could be a Redfield made scope? It has a silver logo plate on it just like the older Redfields did and in the same exact place. I googled the name and only found limited info on them. Does anyone have any info on that brand and if any good? I didn't pay much, so not worried too much. I'm just putting it on an older (1969) Rem. 760 30-06 I want to try to keep the rifle old school like it is!

Attachments

• !Bcb8+Fw!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKisEq3rSKwV5BK0h!tNN!w~~_35.jpg
    !Bcb8+Fw!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKisEq3rSKwV5BK0h!tNN!w~~_35.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 25

buymore

Ok I got the scope and it is a very good quality scope from outward appearance. Glass is coated, very clear and bright. Reticals are thin duplex with even thinner center lines. Not the really thick ones I find today. Apears to have about 3.5-3.75" eye relief for me. The name emblam on the side is a little oval bronze colored with an ELK from shoulder up.It is 1/4" at 100 yd adjustments, no names other than "Nichols Classic 4x40 WA" and a model number on the bottom of the adjustment area.

I was able to find some info about Ernie Simmons working with Nichols when they (Simmons) got started. I also know that Nichols Bino's are considered very good, just cant find any info on their rifle scopes. Despite no info, I am very pleased with my miniscule investment on what appears to be a high quality scope! I would give my recommendation based on appearance alone at this point and since I'm not reading how "bad" they are anywhere, I'll assume it will probably hold up fine.