Nice Trade

10-96

Swung into a local g-shop yesterday and the guy had a lot of consignment stuff out on display racks. I don't know the feller who was the consignee, but I tend to think he might not be firing on all eight cylinders. I was able to trade a ruther plain and very well used Bushy XM15A2 20" pre-ban for (plus $200) a Springfield M1A National Match. There's no finish rub off between moving parts, no ring on on the bolt face, only a very small ding on the stock, glass bedded. Now I might not be the brightest guy... but I really think I made a heck-uv-a deal.

TheShootist1894

. . . . .

You did real nice, even if that M1A is half whipped, they will go and go, and shoot a hell of a lot better than any plain bushy. . . .jealous in Ohio

10-96

These Springfields don't have much of what they call an Oil Finish.... Does anyone see anything inherently wrong with adding quite a few coats of tung or teak oil for longevity and moisture defense?

Ruger4570

I got a Ruger 44 mag for my wife.. not a bad trade either.. except I have to wash my own clothes and dishes too since she is gone..

hps1

Ya done good!!!!!!!!!:D

The M1A is a shooter, not a collector, so putting an oil finish on the stock to suit your taste/protect from moisture is not a problem. Most competitors do put a heavy oil or other sealer on their stocks.

Regards,
hm