Nice O/U Field 12ga

zoomie

I have a Beretta S686 Essential that doesn't fit me. Rather than try to make it fit, I want to trade it. Beretta has discountinued their entry level o/u's. Do any of the other premium makers still have an entry level ($800-1100) field grade o/u? I'd love a Citori or Red Label - they're a little much for now.

Scorch

I bought my first Citori in 1978. I would never have bought it but I was convinced by shooting a friend's Citori. Buy a Citori, you will never be sorry, and it will never shoot loose. And you can find them for just a little bit more than a Beretta, which will shoot loose over time.

Rugers are nice too.

Zombie Steve

I really liked the Berettas, but like you, they never felt right to me...
I wound up with a Citori Lightning Sporting Clays edition. Breaks clays just fine, and the upland birds I've shot didn't know it was a sporting clays gun. It's getting a little more expensive than the $800 - $1,000 range, but I thought (and now know for sure) that it was worth it.

jaymce

CDNN had some Citori field grade guns a while back. You might give them a call. If I remember right they were a little more than you want to spend. I think they were in the 1200$ range, you can also call them and see what they have.
I have a friend who shoots a Red Label and I believe that he paid around 900$ for it.

BigJimP

If one of the Citori models fits you - buy it. Buying 2 or 3 guns, before you buy the one you want - is just another gun that won't fit......and it's expensive.

The specs on the Beretta and the Ruger are real similar - although there are a lot of models of each. Brownings lineup has at least 7 or 8 models of the citori 525, XS, Lightning etc - but with their variety of models and different specs you might find one that fits better. There are lots of good used Brownings around as well. But my advice is save your money and get what you really want - and what fits you - don't compromise.