NIB S&W Performance Center 681-4

ajgranda

NIB S&W Performance Center 681-4 .357 Magnum 3" Barrel, Smith & Wesson, 7-shot Non-Fluted Cylinder, 3" Quadra-Port Barrel, Chamfered Cylinder, Trigger Overtravel Stop, Fixed Sights, Product Code: 170200.

Anyone familiar with this gun and is a $700 asking price fair? I'm looking to buy.

Thanks

Attachments

• pix422848767.jpg
    pix422848767.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

RWK

For a NIB Performance Center seven-round L Frame, that is an excellent price (IMHO). However, here is a question: The image looks like blued/ordinance steel, not stainless (although, obviously, it could be stainless with one of the many powdered metal coatings); if so, wouldn't it be a 581, not a 681?

cslinger

If that is truly a 681 PC then JUMP on it at that price. Not only is it a smoking deal it is a FANTASTIC gun.

p99guy

Its O.D. green with a black cylinder...we have one. Its a good revolver. It was a limited run they did. Speedloaders and 7 shot moon clips. Get it, you won't regret :)

imgp3355ov8.jpg

By p99guy at 2008-05-01

imgp3361zj4.jpg

By p99guy at 2008-05-01

imgp3359oa4.jpg

By p99guy at 2008-05-01

imgp3360rm0.jpg

By p99guy at 2008-05-01

Last edited:

BOBA FETT

that gun is awesome.... i think they make it with a ported barrel called CARY COMP... i would love to have the .38 version of this gun...

ajgranda

Very Nice!! This one is quadra-ported though and looks all black, but you just might be right on od green as the cylinder does look a touch darker. I'm waiting on further info from the seller. Thanks

p99guy

its the sellers camera...its green and black(look close at the cylinder/trigger/hammer/cylinder release/ejection rod, the grips are black-see the difference in the gun color?)..I can't spot porting on that photo though(it would be on both sides of the front sight)

ajgranda

Seller says it's Birdsong Black-T finish over stainless steel. :confused: I'm still waiting to see pics of the porting. Here are a couple more pics.

Attachments

• 681-4.jpg
    681-4.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 59
  • pix321309443.jpg
    pix321309443.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

p99guy

well, aside from color/ports, its the same as mine, I would say get it....you will like the heck out of it...pleasent to shoot with any load, takes full moon clips which garentee all empties are removed in a stressfull situation, and you drop 7 more in....its a very fast reloading system..Black T is a good hard wearing finish with self lubricating properties.

ajgranda

Thanks, still waiting for more pics from seller, but he tells me the front sight is all black. Not good for my older eyes. What would you recommend I do to change that? Thanks

WC145

Thanks, still waiting for more pics from seller, but he tells me the front sight is all black. Not good for my older eyes. What would you recommend I do to change that? Thanks

The sight is dovetailed in, I'm sure you can find relacements. S&W has offered revolvers with night sights, XS Big Dots, fiber optics, etc. My 586 L-Comp came with a tritium noght sight in front, my 315 Night Guard had an XS Express Big Dot with a tritium insert.