NIB 870 Express MAgnum sans PC "upgrades."

Erik

Stumbled across one today at the local gun shop. It had apparently been in the back for a bit. So, I did my part in refusing to buy "upgrades" versions. I bought it.

And, as an added bonus, scored points with my wife, who was pleasantly surprised that I decided on a lower price point than she knew I was shopping for. At least until I get that one, too, that is. I'll have to wait a bit, though, for health reasons. namely my own. ;)

Nylon66

I'm new-please inform me

What are the politically correct "upgrades" that are refered to concerning the Remington 870? I've heard about the "dimples" on the magazine tube to deter extensions. What else have they done?

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
Hi Nylon, welcome to TFL !!! :)

The dimples are one issue, the new trick safety is another. The prime issue with the safety is that it can lock without any application of the special locking tool.

Not what I want on a serious shotgun.

HTH

nascarnhlnra

Next gun show at the Volusia County Fairgrounds in September, I'm gonna try and find a N.I.B. pre stupid safety feature 870 Marine Magnum.:D Ofcourse the wife will be taking her C.W.L. class and won't be able to stop me..lol:D

Erik

"Are those "upgrades" found on the 870P and other "Police only" shotguns?"

Nope. However, they aren;t "police only" in that non police officers can buy them.