NHM-91 furniture

KyleYankee

Would like to go spice up my NHM. I'd like to put an RPK type stock on there, a romanian lower handguard with the grip, and have the rear grip and upper handguard match the rest.

Will the furniture fit or will I need to modify it? And will the AIM sports AK/SKS bipod work with it?

wayne in boca

You can put Romanian RPK furniture on An NHM91,but it takes some modification.I just did one,and it came out beautifully.You could put a vertical forearm on with no mods,but it would look weird,so don't do it.I got a set of RPK furniture from Apex Gun Parts,and it was nice.In fact,it was so nice I didn't even refinish it,just gave it two coats of Zinsser Amber Shellac and called it done.

RC20

I believe if you remove the Thumb Hole stock, it then become a 922r issue.

While rare, it has happened a few times they have been seized. It tends to be at a gun range with an off duty type recognizing the gun.

It would also come up if used for self defense .

Best option is to maintain it, that means US made stock replacement (3 pieces)

The next best options that works with no issues is a US magazine for 3 (parts)

I think sans the removal muzzle device you only need 5, but the US magazine ensure its 6 and no questions at all.

Magpul now makes AK magazines and they are as good as the original metal ones. None of the issues other US makers have had.

KyleYankee

You can put Romanian RPK furniture on An NHM91,but it takes some modification.I just did one,and it came out beautifully.You could put a vertical forearm on with no mods,but it would look weird,so don't do it.I got a set of RPK furniture from Apex Gun Parts,and it was nice.In fact,it was so nice I didn't even refinish it,just gave it two coats of Zinsser Amber Shellac and called it done.
I like that Romanian RPK furniture, but I also like the idea of the grip handguard. Wrist fatigue is a real bitch. Will the Romanian lower handguard with the grip ruin the look with the RPK furniture in your opinion?