NGD HK45

RussB

I picked up the '09 HK45 last weekend at my favorite LGS. I then found 4 like-new magazines at another LGS for a very fair price. It was a good weekend!

The gun has the LEM (Law Enforcement Modification) trigger installed, and the factory DA/SA trigger group was also included. LEM is a light (4.5lbs) double-action only trigger system The pistol has Meprolite nite sites too!

tulsamal

One of my absolute best "new gun" purchases of the last several years. I put a LEM in mine as well.

It's an excellent and trouble free design. Easy to shoot well. Too big for me to CCW but that was never the plan.

Gregg

Very nice pistol. Hk is one of my favorite manufacturers. They over engineer almost everything. I still am looking for a USP-C in my area, but the Hk45 is quickly gaining ground in my favor. I have always gone with Sig for pistols and Hk for rifles, my favor for HK's pistols is growing too.

You picked a very nice and from what I have read, very reliable pistol. Be proud. Hk carries its share of haters, but I have yet to have an issue with them. I absolutely love their customer service, but that is a whole separate story. Give us a range report and enjoy that Hk...

RussB

@tulsamal,

The LEM trigger is very nice. I like a consistent trigger pull and never adapted to DA/SA

@ Her Walther,

I like the USPf as well,

RussB

Made it to the range yesterday, this gun is a shooter! Here's the first 10 rounds I fired from this pistol, standing @ 50'

Here's some reloads, 200gr LSWC's. I pulled the heck out of that one shot!

Using a make shift rest, my groups were marginally better, but slightly to the right,

Wreck-n-Crew

Congrats! H&K45 feel good in the hand and are as accurate as you want.

Nice how those LSWC cut a neat little hole. ;)

I have been reloading some LWSC with 6.2 GRN of WSF. More accurate than factory 230 ball ammo I think. Enjoy!

RussB

For sure Wreck-n-Crew! It's such an easy gun for me to shoot, very intuitive. Points well. It's also the softest shooting 45 I've owned, and that's somewhere around 20.

SuperField is a nice powder and you can load some of the hotter 45ACP rounds with it. Clean burning as well. I used to use a lot of Super-Target (WST) back 15 or so years ago. With a little trial and error, you can easily surpass factory ammo accuracy with handloads, and tailor the loads to your guns and use

3.7 of Clays with the 200 LSWC's give me right around 800 fps. Pleasant to shoot and it looks to work well in this HK too :)

mes228

H&K

Wow! I've owned 5 H&K's (all USP) and absolutely despised the LEM trigger on the one that had it. Seems there are variations on the LEM with some relatively
light, and some quite heavy trigger pulls. The one I owned was like a big double action revolver in hi-capacity. I did really like the USP .45 Compact and would buy another. The Tactical 9 mm with all the bells and whistles was also
quite good. All were reliable and accurate.

Gave my USP 40 to my dad after he gave me the blue Browning High Power.

I would love to add some more Hk's to my collection. But I don't know...I have SIG's and Glock's...I feel like an Hk would be that the SIG and Glock mated in my safe. Which I don't mind at all..Just that price tag as of now.

Anyways, beautiful gun! Congrats. More pics :)

RussB

Here's a couple updates...

I installed a 10-8 rear sight. Serrated plain black U notch sight, and works perfectly with the tritium front,

and I got my Comp-Tac International holster today. I can be either a dropped & offset, belt slide or paddle as shown here,

Yeah, that's awesome. Those sights cannot be more perfect for defensive use. Really good choice there. Also, that holster and that gun go together like peas and carrots. Nice.

I've had an itch for an HK45 or USP 45. I think it's coming back.