NFA question

Young.Gun.612

I'm not too familiar with NFA laws, so my question is how hard is it to get NFA guns? I'd love to own something auto, or 3 rd burst one day. What kind of loopholes are there to jump through?

Thanks!

rdmallory

EXPENSIVE

$200 for the stamp and 6K up for the firearm. I thought I wanted one too but quickly changed my mind. No new ones are being built so you are buying what is already out there.

Doug

David Hineline

Minesota

Young Gun, since you list your location as Minnesota, you will be limited to C+R machineguns, of original manuf. not re-productions so you will basically be paying top dollar for top grade expensive guns.

A M16 will cost you around $17K, your lowest dollar gun available to you would be something like a S&W 76, or Sten at around $6k, A Reising in 45acp could be had for 4.5K or a bit less. Similar money for a 30 Carbine.

You are not going to be allowed a silencer, but you can make semi auto Short Rifle clones of modern weapons.

If you get your C+R license from the ATF then you can purchase C+R machineguns direct from out of state dealer without going through an in state MN dealer and paying them the fee.

David Hineline

Not all C+R guns are 50yrs old some got onto the list because for some reason known only to the ATF they decided they qualified. But for the most part original 50yr or older gun.