Next Purchase Decisions Poll

Which One???

• Smith & Wesson 610 (10mm)

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Colt Delta Elite SS (10mm)

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Colt 1873 SAA Replica (45LC/44-40/38-40)

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jakester

Ok...there I was, all ready to hit this weekend's Gun Show and look for a Colt 1873 SAA replica, then..........

Thursday- run by a local gun dealer to find he purchased a Colt Delta Elite SS (Good condition w/o box). He says he will ask $400-450 for it once he gets it cleaned up.

Friday- visit another gun shop to review the 1873 SAA replicas out there before the show. Low and behold, he has a Smith & Wesson 610-2 (excellent condition w/box) in stock for $349.

Now the tough decision:

Buy just one and stay within budget.

Buy just two and get partial custody in the divorce hearing.

Buy all three and get no custody, lose the guns, and sell the Harley to pay alimony.

With those parameters, we must make the decision on which to buy. Opinions?

Hal

I'm not going to vote!

2 revolvers and 1 semi auto,,,,posted in the semi auto forum?

Get the Delta,,,:D

This is just a wild crazy guess that 2 10mm, plus the above show a teeny bit of bias in the direction of a 10mm,,semi auto in particular.

FWIW, everthing I've read about the Delta Elite has been positive.

blades67

I'd get the S&W 610 because I don't have one. I have a Glock 20 and I just bought a U.S. Firearms SAA chambered for the .45 Colt. The Boss Lady and I have an understanding, I can buy all the guns I can afford so long as the bills are paid, the kids get to eat (three times, every day!:confused: ), there's gas in the Mom-mobile (like the Batmobile without all the cool gadgets;)) and she gets it when she wants it. (The last one is tough because she always wants it when I open the safe.:p I suspect she's just using me, but I don't care to know the truth!);) :D )

9x19

I have a stainless Delta Elite (my cult gun), and vote for it, plus from what I've been reading on the 'net $450 would be an excellent deal!

Kermit

Mistake I made years ago was not picking up that SS Delta Elite 10 mm. Still kick myself over that one! Get the Delta Elite ;)

jakester

Response to RAE

Yes, this is two revolvers and one semi on the semi forum. Probably should have been on the general forum, but I was mainly interested in the feedback from Delta Elite owners. Hoping to find some out there with both that can compare. I do own a blue Delta Elite and have used it several times in USPSA competition. Also own a S&W 1066. I am a semi-auto person mainly and looking for that swaying vote to go semi again or try a 10mm revolver. The Colt 1873 SAA are just a fun gun option for possibly getting into Cowboy Action shooting in the "long-term" future. Main choices for me are the two 10mm's, but threw the SAA for the heck of it.

Does that make my forum choice understandable?

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Smith & Wesson model 610 vs. 657

I voted for the Smith & Wesson 610; but that is incorrect. Why
should I buy a 10mm revolver, that can be overly matched by
the Smith & Wesson 57/58/ or 657 .41 magnum revolver. As
a matter of fact, the .41 magnum will out perform the 10mm;
in most case's. I don't have ballistic table's in front of me
right now to compare; but I could put up a good arguement
for the .41 magnum; having previously tested a 4" model 57.
So, make mine the .41 magnum; as its popularity has never
died.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Rocklobster

I already have have both a blue and a stainless Delta Elite. I want a 610!

And, shoot yeah, the 41 Magnum will outperform a 10mm! It'll outperform most 44 Magnum loads! But you're comparing apples to oranges. The 10mm is a semi-auto cartridge.

jakester

Decision Made

Despite the current poll result....I elected the S&W 610. Overall, 10mm's are pretty rare (besides Glock 20). Thinking back, this may have been the only "real" Model 610 I have seen.

Decided to give the wheelgun a shot again!