Votes: 6 54.5%
  • New Mini 14 Ranch Rifle

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other?

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris in va

I'm just not sold on my AR, despite it having stellar function and accuracy. The ergonomics aren't working for me, but a standard rifle stock does.

I love my CZ 527 in x39, so naturally gravitate toward the 5.56 version. However the Mini 14 looks interesting too, so I'm torn. I don't need a HD or 'tactical' rifle, just something for informal target shooting that is a bit flatter shooting than the x39.

shaunpain

If you like the feel a standard rifle, the Mini 14 will suit you just fine. It operates very similarly to the Garand, so if you have some experience with that you will be able to transition easily. Those CZ bolt guns are beautiful, by the way. It's a hard choice!

smee78

I would check out the mini14's but I havent seen the accuracy your looking for in them. With that being said I would just stick with a CZ if you like the platform.

surveyor

Of those choices the cz 527 ( but I would also consider the varmint model as well)
Get a dip products 1 piece base adapter and your ring choices will be a whole lot better than cz rings, as they are weaver.
The single set triggers are very nice.,
Th cz's are nice rifles.

Last edited:

chris in va

I should have clarified, I need something with decent iron sights...hence the CZ carbine and Mini options.

The Patrol piqued my interest until I heard of the bolt tang issue. The Ruger Gunsite is sweet but holy cow that price!

Silly question, but would it be 'irresponsible' to not have a semi 223? Seems these days everyone and their cat has one in the collection.

KEYBEAR

I have had some real bad luck with the Mini 14 . I have had four or five and my son has had some also . None have shot well or I should say none have shot 5 rounds well . All the bullets seem to walk as you shoot . That said I love the little Rifles very nice packer . My son did have one that shot well and traded it . It had an after market stock with no barrel band .